Samsung S42AX-YB04 click noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung S42AX-YB04 click noise

Hi folks, I have a problem with my Samsung (Model S42AX-YB04). The TV turn on automatically and a relay makes a click noise every 15-20 seconds but no audio/video. No capacitors are blown in the power supply, and voltages in the power supply, X-Main e Y-Main seems to be OK. I've even tested the T-CON board by shorting the pins 3-4 and disconnecting the LVDS cable, and I see the test color pattern, that seems (i think) that the panel and T-CON board works properly.
    Now, my last try is to short the 5-6 pins on the eeprom located on the mainboard in order to reset it, and now the TV remain in standby, but if I try to power on with the remote the IR responds, but the tv won't turn on.
    Any suggestion?
    Thanks in advance (and sorry for my bad english )

Re: Samsung S42AX-YB04 click noise

Post pics of the boards

Comment

Thanks for your reply. here's some pics of the boards (sorry for the quality of the image).
      Attached Files

Comment

UPDATE: I've read that there's a method to reset the eeprom located in the main board: the way is to shorting EEPROM's pin 5-8. Anyone has already tried that method?

Comment

UPDATE: I've changed the EEPROM of the main board with a new one, nothing happens: same problem. Anyone can help me?

Comment

Have you installed any firmware in the eeprom before replacing it?

What firmware did you use, where did you get it from? The set wont work without a good firmware in the EEPROM.....

I think you have probably bricked the mainboard--by attempting shorting things out on it!
            Last edited by Alastair E; 07-26-2014, 01:08 PM.
            TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
            http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
            PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

the new EEPROM is blank, no firmware was previously installed. But as I read in many threads, in this EEPROM there are stored the settings of the TV, so performing a reset could unbrick the TV..
              There's an example:
              http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/UnB...y_EEPROM_Reset

Comment

Err--yes, But the operating firmware is also stored in that eeprom.

Now--IF the operating F/W is corrupted, no resetting will ever help, as its--Well, Corrupted.

Same would be case of a Blank eeprom. Processor first looks at eeprom, finds literally Nothing--so, It does exactly that--Nothing!

TV sets, Computers, and all this electronic stuff--are in fact REALLY STUPID! The things cant do anything without instructions held in the F/W--Its their memory.....
                --What you have done by replacing eeprom with blank--is give the set Altzheimers!

I would advise you either buy a new EEPROM complete WITH the Correct F/W for That Exact set--Or replace the whole mainboard.
                TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
                http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
                PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Uh, ok. Seems legit Thank you for your support. Now, all I need is to find the right firmware and a programmer..

Comment

Working...
                  X