Pioneer Plasma PDP-42A3HD Video Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer Plasma PDP-42A3HD Video Problems

Hello, I have a Pioneer Plasma PDP-42A3HD TV that experiences video issues after a few minutes of being on. The center of the picture fades in and out and there is a general green tint that comes in and out also.

I've run the TV with the back off and a few small fans on it, thinking it could be an overheat issue, and it did delay the symptoms significantly.

Any ideas where to start?
    Last edited by mack505; 06-11-2014, 01:03 PM. Reason: updated
    Saved - Element 24" LCD TV, Spectre x22wg-Gamer, LG Plasma DU-42PX12XC, Pioneer Plasma PDP-42A3HD, SONY KDL-55EX501

Re: Pioneer Plasma PDP-42A3HD Video Problems

Here are 2 videos of the issue:

http://youtu.be/50BOdhxAJF4

http://youtu.be/eZEwhVgrUR0
    Saved - Element 24" LCD TV, Spectre x22wg-Gamer, LG Plasma DU-42PX12XC, Pioneer Plasma PDP-42A3HD, SONY KDL-55EX501

Comment

Pics of the issue
      Attached Files

Comment

Did I post this in the wrong place?

Comment

Anyone, Bueller, Bueller?

Comment

Get your hands on some cooling spray or canned air. Spray different spots after your picture goes funny.

Comment

Thanks dcapper. I allowed the TV to run for a while, and the picture gets bad, and then the TV clicks off and comes back on with a poor picture, fades in and out, and that cycle repeats.

I did use the compressed air on all the components, but it did not improve the situation. Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by dcapper View Post
                Get your hands on some cooling spray or canned air. Spray different spots after your picture goes funny.
                Do the symptoms look like a YSUS board problem?

Comment

Looks like Vsus may be unstable, have you checked if it is OK? It should be around 200V.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                    Looks like Vsus may be unstable, have you checked if it is OK? It should be around 200V.
                    Thanks Tom, where is the Vsus? Trying to locate it in the attached service manual.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                      This is the board, but which connection do I need to test? I am trying to find what the voltages should be so I can test, but no luck so far.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I replaced the Y sustain board, and the TV powers on, the lamp is lit, I have sound but I'm not getting a picture... Any ideas?
                        Last edited by mack505; 07-06-2014, 06:29 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

So it turns out it a ribbon cable was detached that was out of sight. Once that was re-attached, I was good to go.

So in my case, this was a bad YSus board - PKG42H5G1. Picked one up for $40.

I appreciate the support.

Comment

Working...
                          X