Samsung UN40C6300 clicking fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung UN40C6300 clicking fast

I have picked up this TV and trying to repair it, but I need some help.
    I have jumped the STB to PS and BL and the backlight turns on and stays on without clicking.
    So it's a mainboard issue.
    I'm thinking to try resetting the EEPROM, what can I lose?
    I don't know which one is the EEPROM. The clsoset ICs that I have found are the same both of them, they are 8 pin and there designation is S24CSO. These could be the ones I'm looking for? They are EEPROMs, but why there are two of them?
    I haven't made a picture yet, but here is shopjimmy's picture, I have circled the two ICs.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung UN40C6300 clicking fast

There are two 8 pin ICs near the CPU, but those are some buck regulators(Zxxx).

Comment

Try SAMYGO wiki... there are locations for EEPROMs there, I think it will be SPI flash though, the C-series LCD flash may or may not work.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks Tom for answering, but on that site I don't see anything similar to my board.
        What do you mean by SPI, different type of EEPROM? The one with a paper sticker on it? If yes, what that means?

Comment

SPI flash, yes you can think of it as an EEPROM (it's not, but it's similar.) It stores the software for the TV after the boot loader has started. (Running Linux, usually.) If it is corrupt it will not boot usually hence the loop clicking. Not sure which one it is but if you post the part# it can be confirmed.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Should I remove that paper sticker?

Comment

Yes, but keep it or note down what's printed first.

Comment

What is interesting that I had a very similar TV in the near past, it was the UN46C6300 with the same issue, it was clicking slower then this one.
                By replacing the motherboard, it fixed that TV.
                Now I still have that board and I connected to this TV and it does the same thing slower clicking. It is not even compatible this board with the 40".
                It would be nice if I could repair that board also. These are hard to find.
                They are like $130, if you can find them.

Comment

It seems like this is the part number# Samsung KFG1G16U2C-A1B6.
                  I couldn't locate a datasheet for it yet.

Comment

Reprogramming that IC will be too difficult, it is BGA. I think the only thing you can do is replace the board, sorry. Common issue with C-series Samsungs.

Comment

OK thanks. I thought that I will end up like this, but I have never looked into resetting an EEPROM and I thought that, this time it would be a good time.
                      Oh well, maybe next time.

Comment

I recently sent a mainboard to this company when I could not find a replacement board:

http://www.moduslinkptstvboards.com/

They are not cheap, however if you can't find one anywhere else....

Comment

I'm reviving this very old thread, because I have found a cheap board for it.
                          It turns out that the "new" board clicks as well, but slowly.
                          I have forced the TV to turn on with two resistors and the TV is on with backlight.
                          The power supply could still be the problem, causing this slow clicking?
                          Funny story happened when I was removing the old mainboard from it.
                          When I was pulling on the board(has those big heat transfer pads) after removing the plugs and screws, one of the BGA IC fell off. Maybe this was my problem from the beginning? Half of the solder boards are on the IC and the other half on the PCB. So they sheared off in half.

Comment

Anybody? I need to answer to the Ebay seller and I'm not sure what to say.

Comment

If I would measure all the voltages, at the connector between the PS and mainboard, and they are all there, that would suggest that the PS is OK, right?
                              The backlight turns on, if I force it to turn on, with the two resistors.

Comment

Maybe try reflowing the bga.

Comment

I don't know, if I should mess with a board that most likely I will return.
                                  I'm seriously considering, re-soldering the fallen bga on my own board.

Comment

Indeed that IS what I meant, re-flow original.

Comment

Working...
                                    X