Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LN46A530P1FXZA Black lines, wasn't the t-con

Hello,

My dad recently helped some people move and got this tv for free from them because they said it was 'broken.' Black vertical lines on the left of the screen and a big wave of discoloration that pulses in and out on the right. I spent the last week or so looking for a fix and found some people say it was a faulty t-con board. I ordered a new board and installed it but the problem didn't go away.

Does anybody know what could be wrong with it?

Also there's this worrying green swath of pixels to the bottom left of the screen. It looks like the panel itself could be damaged but I hope it's not.
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung LN46A530P1FXZA Black lines, wasn't the t-con

That looks like a bad LCD panel to me; I can't see any way that is not due to a bad panel. Sorry!
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Some other places I've read say that the connectors from the t-con to the panel are sometimes loose or bad. If I tap the top of the set the black wave goes away and if I put pressure on the frame at the top corner just above the lines then some of the lines fill in. Might be hoping against hope but could these be signs of salvageability?

Comment

If putting pressure on the top causes change then you could probably do the tab bond fix.

Comment

I'm unfamiliar. Can you point me somewhere where I can read up on this?

Comment

Ah, nevermind. I found some threads. Thank you, I'll reply back to this thread with results.

Comment

It should fix the wave but it'll be unlikely to get rid of most of the lines at best

Comment

Working...
              X