Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG OLD55CX6LA TCON Short - Help Identifying Component

Hi Folks

I've got a friend's LG OLED on the bench (well the dining table given the size of it!). It immediately powers off when turned on and sits in standby. PSU voltages are good and after disconnecting the TCON board there is stable 12V and 22V coming out of the PSU board.

Hunting around the TCON board there appears to be a shorted power rail (DVDD09_CORE) but I'm having issues identifying the component which is shorted. I've attached a picture. It's sitting before the coil so I'm assuming it's a MOSFET of some description, but the markings I can make out don't seem to match up. Under the scope it's marked 2J = L2M. I can't easily find anything with that designation. I know I can buy a 2nd hand TCON board for cheap, in fact I have one coming, but it annoys me that I'm potentially going to junk a perfectly good card for the sake of a $1 part.

The TCON part number is 6870c-0852A.

Any clues?

Thanks!

did you make the test on the IC U21 while the panel disconnected from T-CON?

Comment

U21 seems to be a Richtek RT6257BHGJ6F

Comment

be clear... what strange noting is 2J = L2M? Have you added "="?

the tv model seems wrong..

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
          U21 seems to be a Richtek RT6257BHGJ6F
          You are 100% right.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post

Everything is correct, you need to know the labeling of the manufacturers.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for everyone's help! Definitely wouldn't have got there on my own!

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post

the tv model seems wrong..
              Yes, apologies - I missed a D from the model number should be OLED55CX6LA

Cheers

Comment

Did you desolder the I.C to confirm that it's s/c and not some other component.?

Comment

Working...
                X