Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony TV Model: KDL-42EX440 (To repair or not; Troublshooting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony TV Model: KDL-42EX440 (To repair or not; Troublshooting)

Hi everyone! I found this TV on the curb of a residential area. I don't know if it's an easy fix, if so I could maybe use a spare TV for one of the rooms. Also to note I think it may have water damage since I picked up after this past rainy weekend. I've attached pictures of the TV and possibly the damage as well.For starters I'm just an amateur in understanding how to repair devices but I would like to learn. Also I know a little bit of soldering as long as it's not complicated. I would like some insight if it's worth repairing or not. Thank you for taking the time to help me!

It looks properly goosed to me! But have you tried connecting up a video source to see if you get an image? It looks to me as though you're getting power to the screen but it has indeed suffered water ingress.

Comment

So I have had this before also and know what it is. So water got in-between the screen and the diffuser shield as well as some of the reflector sheets or whatever you call them. I have taken apart the TV completely on one of these and tried to dry out the sheets themselves but as you wipe them it seems to damage them. The water seems to cause a discoloration to the sheets themselves. As far as I could tell there isn't anything you can do about it except make it slightly better by taking it all apart. In fact I probably wouldn't turn it on until I got all the water out in between the screen because that water behind the shield is going to seep down into the ribbons probably and just short out the TV (this is my own thinking anyway)

Comment

Working...
      X