Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung UN50KU6300F constant reboot, bad backlights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nomoresonys
    replied
    Just need to treat the panel like a baby, they are flimsy and fragile but fortunately it's 50 inches and not bigger, check some youtube videos on backlight replacement for procedure clues.

Leave a comment:

• nomoresonys
    replied
    Your led tester not doing anything is a pretty good clue that it's probably bad led/s in backlights.

Leave a comment:

• x_orange90_x
    replied
    Originally posted by diif View Post
    "The screen very dimly lights" suggests the LEDs are working.
    We're you able to view the video? They just blink on for like a second or 2. They don't stay on. The whole cycle is just a couple seconds long with the constant reboot and flash.

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
    Probably failing backlights, maybe unplug backlight cable and cable from powerboard to mainboard, plug power cord in and check the output dcv at backlight connector.
    I will try this. With them unplugged there should be steady voltage on the plug right? I had a similar issue a long time back, also with a Samsung, where the connectors between two LEDs strips was arcing, causing a constant flashing of the backlight. I don't recall there being anything visible on screen though, but that model may not have had a logo screen.
    Last edited by x_orange90_x; 02-10-2024, 06:27 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nomoresonys
    replied
    Probably failing backlights, maybe unplug backlight cable and cable from powerboard to mainboard, plug power cord in and check the output dcv at backlight connector.

Leave a comment:

• diif
    replied
    "The screen very dimly lights" suggests the LEDs are working.

Leave a comment:

• x_orange90_x
    replied
    Here's the clip
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Samsung UN50KU6300F constant reboot, bad backlights?

This TV is in a constant reboot where the screen very dimly lights up for about 2 seconds and says SMART TV. I checked the power supply and visually all components look good. I unplugged the main board to see if the backlights would come on but they do not. I also tried my LED tester on the backlight plug and didn't get anything. I know some Samsungs will not light off a single led is out regardless of using a tester, so I'm thinking they are bad. I found a whole set for about $25 which isn't bad, but before I buy them is like to know if they would indeed cause a constant reboot like this tv is experiencing.

Attached is a short clip of it doing what it does.
    Attached Files
Working...
X