Sony KDL-46XBR4 and KDL-40XBR4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony KDL-46XBR4 and KDL-40XBR4

Can anyone tell me if the I can use a t-con board from the KDL-40XBR4 in a KDL-46xbr4? I found someone that was able to use the 46" in a 52" but I have not found any other information on this :-). My TV is the older version with serial# 80****** I really appreciate all your help!

Tony

Re: Sony KDL-46XBR4 and KDL-40XBR4

ive had success doing this on other tv's,not tried on this model.

if it looks the same size,same connectors ,give it a try,but you may have to go into the service menu and reset the screen size,ive done this with mainboards as well for different size tv's. more so on main boards.
    fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
    please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by multimeter View Post
      ive had success doing this on other tv's,not tried on this model.

if it looks the same size,same connectors ,give it a try,but you may have to go into the service menu and reset the screen size,ive done this with mainboards as well for different size tv's. more so on main boards.
      Ok perfect! Have you ever done this on a Sony before? And yes everything matches up and the boards look identical, but no one seems to have any confidence that it would work. I am not sure if it because it is no supposed to work because Sony wants it to be part specific. It should also be noted that this part was sold as part of the panel and there are not alot of them out there because of this.

Thanks for your help!

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by bigtony5858 View Post
        Ok perfect! Have you ever done this on a Sony before? And yes everything matches up and the boards look identical, but no one seems to have any confidence that it would work. I am not sure if it because it is no supposed to work because Sony wants it to be part specific. It should also be noted that this part was sold as part of the panel and there are not alot of them out there because of this.

Thanks for your help!

Tony
        i more than likely have,cant remember,im a bugger for not writing down my findings!i must start too lol.

have a check of the pinouts on the t-con,make sure voltages are the same,and in the right configuration on each t-con,if so,go for it
        fixed so far...376 lg lcd tv's,24 onn tv;s,24 panasonic lcd,16 jvc lcd,12 marshall jcm800 amps,refurb of various disco equipment lighting,old style disco decks ,and a flymo!

----------------------------------------------
        please let us know if everything works ok if your tv gets fixed, as it will be and aid for anyone else having the same problem and wishing to fix it.it would save people clogging up this site with topics that are duplicated,and can be found easily using the search function.,and taking up valuable space.enjoy your fixed tv!,hopefully!

Comment

Working...
        X