Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic TC-60PS34 no signs of life (no power, no standby, no clicks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-60PS34 no signs of life (no power, no standby, no clicks)

So, to make a long story very slightly shorter, I have a TC-60PS34 which stopped working last November. I assume it was a power surge. No standby light, no response to any power button, no clicks when you plug it in, nothing at all. Squaretrade replaced it after it took a month to get a repair tech out to see it, and I was planning on disposing of it or selling it for parts. Well, it kept staring at me, and last week, I figured I'd make some calls and try to get it fixed. After talking to the same technician who finally came out for Squaretrade, he advised me that in 90% of cases it was the power board, and otherwise it would be the main board. He sent me to ebay, where I picked up all three of the power boards for $90. I replaced them, and the TV still shows no signs of life whatsoever. Still no lights at any point in time, no clicks, nothing.

So my question to you guys is whether I move to the "main board" as he described it, which I have concluded is TNPH0914 suffix AE, or if there is anything to test otherwise.

I have a digital multimeter and a vast array of tools, and would like to claim I am fairly competent, but maybe not the best solderer around.

Cliffs notes:
    Panasonic TC-60PS34
    -probable power surge
    -no standby led, no power, no relay clicks when plugged in
    -main and two sub power boards replaced with no apparent effect

Thanks!

Re: Panasonic TC-60PS34 no signs of life (no power, no standby, no clicks)

Can you take a picture of the chassis arrangement of all the circuit boards? So we know what we are dealing with.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Sorry it took so long. Here is a general shot of the chassis from the back. Do you need closer shots of anything?
      Attached Files

Comment

there's usually a fuse near where the power comes into the board have you looked for one or can you get closer pictures of the power board

Comment

i found them check these fuses
          Attached Files

Comment

All of the obvious ceramic fuses test ok, even on the old board(s). Though I may need a better multimeter to be sure.
            Last edited by Nathan Explosion; 01-21-2014, 02:27 AM.

Comment

the 2 i pointed at arent ceramic, if you arent getting any power at all have you connected it to power and check for voltage on the board, starting by those white fuses i pointed out

Comment

Originally posted by smai View Post
                the 2 i pointed at arent ceramic, if you arent getting any power at all have you connected it to power and check for voltage on the board, starting by those white fuses i pointed out
                Sorry it took so long to update. This is a picture of those fuses. Are they not ceramic? My DMM shows all fuses on all boards as having 0 resistance. My DMM is not auto switching for currents, where on the board should I see AC vs. DC?

Thanks!
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X