Panasonic TH-50PZ77U - vertical lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TH-50PZ77U - vertical lines

We recently began to see vertical lines - approx 2 inches wide - that only appear on the upper half of the screen in the right hand corner. Initially there was only 1 line, now there is the beginning of a 2nd one. Both appear to possibly be in the same quadrant - C1 Buffer - but 2nd one could be in the C2 Buffer area I cannot be certain.

These lines are visible on all inputs Cable, DVR, Roku but they are not always present. They can be visible at initial start-up (or not) then dissappear after awhile, then come back intermittantly. For example, last night we watched a cable movie and the lines never appeared at all during the entire movie but were visable later in the evening while watching Roku & another cable prgm.

Lines can at times be very faint with slightly red or green tint but the underlying pic is still visable, they can be distorted such that the underlying pic is there but distorted, and/or they can be completely black. Sorry, I do not have a pic at this time since I just found this forum.

Any thoughts on likely repairs needed, est of cost or is this unit kaput?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 01-10-2014, 01:35 PM. Reason: Want to add picture

Re: Panasonic TH-50PZ77U - vertical lines

This is often caused by loose connector on that part of C board though sometimes can be the fault of the plasma panel, or rarely the C board.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Tom66 - would I remove/reconnect the ribbon connectors to see if that fixes the issue?

Comment

Yes. Turn off the TV for 5 minutes (unplugged) before doing this to allow the Address Voltage to the buffers to discharge first, to avoid spiking them.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

If this should not do the trick, what is best way to diagnose which component is at fault? Could the TV's internal self-test yield an answer or will I need to call a service tech? Apologies if you have addressed this elsewhere on forum but I could not find another Panasonic post with 1/2 vertical line issue such as this. I intend to tackle this over the wknd and want to be properly prepared and informed. Feel free to direct to similar thread so I do not take up too much of your time. Thanks again!

Comment

The fault is unlikely to be related to anything except the panel, C board or connection between the two.

Comment

Working...
            X