Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Picture gets darker on 42LG5000 in 20 mins...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture gets darker on 42LG5000 in 20 mins...

Hi pople with tinkering minds,
    I have a 5 year old 42LG5000. The unit fires up normally and
    works perfect for 20 25 minutes, than the picture gets darker
    up to a point (its still watchable) and it stays like that.
    I found the same model working TV and replaced all the cards
    except the T-CON card because the panel was slightly different
    and nothing changed the tv still got darker as usual.
    I wiggeled the tabs around the panel but there was no change as well.
    I strip the panel all the way to the CCFLs and the bulbs and
    caps looked fine.
    The only thing left is to change the T-CON board, which is quite warm
    when the picture becomes darker.
    Before ordering this not so cheap board (not cheap because I have to order it overseas)
    I wanted to ask you guys if its worth changing the T-CON board
    or just watch the TV as is.

Any suggestions... I will try to add before and after pictures
    Attached Files
    I replaced quite a few badCAPS in my retired days & I got more scotch for it...

Re: Picture gets darker on 42LG5000 in 20 mins...

I would recommend getting out a hairdryer and heating up things one by one until the problem shows its head. Then you can find out if the t-con is causing the issue. Also, check that any energy saving features, light sensor (common on LG) etc. are turned off.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I dont think its anything to do with the settings, I reset all the video settings to factory reset, things are good when first turned on but gets darker as time goes buy. Hair dryer, yes I used it to cool the T-Con Board after it gets warm, offcourse on no heat just air, it fixes the picture a little...

Comment

Can you try a full white screen to see what it looks like when the picture is dimmed? Need to see if it is global, maybe backlight, or has unevenness, maybe t-con.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

now how would I get a full white screen? you dont mean white noise I assume which I can get with ANT input with no signal...?
          hold on a second, I can connect my notebook and doit, I will try... I will post the picture ...
          Last edited by aybulent; 10-31-2013, 11:35 AM.

Comment

anyways, I have to find my dSub cable to hook up the notebook for a white screen, but with the whiteNoise the picture is even, ie the picture looks the same thru the entire frame.. I will look for the cable

Comment

I found the dSub cable, the white test, which was just an empty notepad screen on the pc, that is monitored on the tv did not show any irregularities on the tv screen, every thing looked normal, actually I could not even tell that the colors were dimmed, I guess because there are no colors in the white screen...

Comment

Working...
              X