X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

philips tv 3000 model 42pfl3605h/12

Hi
    i have philips tv 3000 model 42pfl3605h/12

when i turn it on led are not blinking and i can see the backghlight turn on and i can hear sound but i got no picture.also i can hear the reley switching in power suply
    i open it and there is no visible damage on power supply (bad capacitors) and no damage on SSB.

but when i disconected the right flat cable of the screen the picture showes up only on left side of the screen but on the right side is white screen...

for now i only have picture of ssb

help would be nice
    thnx
    Attached Files
    Last edited by nickovic111; 10-01-2013, 12:40 AM.

Re: philips tv 3000 model 42pfl3605h/12

but when i disconected the right flat cable of the screen the picture showes up only on left side of the screen but on the right side is white screen...
    It sounds like from this the LCD panel is defective.

This set is not made by Philips but instead TVE (Top Victory Electronics China), as a rebadge for Philips as they've decided it's cheaper to deceive customers into thinking they're getting a good product than actually making one. Probably due to the crappy LCD panel (Chimei? Chungwha?) this has occurred.

You can try looking closely at the t-con for example testing the fuse on it.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

it could be it so then there is no way to cheap repair...

i tried to look for fuses but they are not numbered or explained like F01... or F02...

so i searched trough the tcon board but only to find some i believe fuse "THX..." something like that and i tested it it is ok.

if you know the names on the fuses on this kind of board can you tell me?

i think there are no fuses there

thnx for quick reply

Comment

It would help if you provided pictures of the T-con so fuses can be highlighted.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

i will take detailed pictures later ( on my time in about 7-8 hours) so i will post them here and please dont forget me and check my images

Comment

In some cases your post may get missed, if that happens do not feel bad about "bumping" it - posting a reply - after a day or so.

Comment

ok

Comment

up
                here are new pictures of ssb

i also turn on tv and checked voltages going from PSU to SSb and they are ok

so we are looking for some fuse or some idea or is my screen dead for real
                Attached Files

Comment

Can you provide one large image of the layout of the circuit boards in this set? I am trying to see if this set has a T-con board.

Comment

these two boards are only boards on tv set i believe because the flat cables are going straight underneath the tv to connect screen i belive

isnt t-con underneath this aluminium cooler ( i removed the protecting top)

i found this image on web
                    it is exactly like mine tv

on this link http://monitor.espec.ws/section31/topic200017.html
                    if you check this link my tv is what Borek posted

i translate it just now in English so i can start reading because "Borek "wrote some links about fault threads in that forum about my tv...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by nickovic111; 10-02-2013, 03:25 AM.

Comment

The T-con controller IC is probably the large multi pin chip near the ribbon cables.
                      The processor under the heatsink is the main video processor/scaler.
                      See image - please give me the part #s of the two highlighted chips.
                      Attached Files

Comment

as soon as possible i will get those numbers

i m really greatfull to you for trying to help me

Comment

here are pictures of those 2 chips

sorry for being late

bump
                          Attached Files

Comment

OK first IC is custom LG Display T-CON controller.
                            Second IC is the voltage generator. Let's look at that first, because a datasheet is available.
                            https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...f8b27c5dc1.pdf

See picture for checks.

Be VERY careful not to let the probe slip... if in doubt solder a wire to the appropriate pin and measure off that.
                            Attached Files

Comment

wow thanks a lot i will do this measurements in couple days and info you

thanks!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i have a tv with a problem

after plug in power, no light , the owner say that after 2 days the tv starts and working, but no sound , only audio output

i mesure the power bord, is only 5v, not 12 or 24v

Comment

Originally posted by angel-boy View Post
                                  i have a tv with a problem

after plug in power, no light , the owner say that after 2 days the tv starts and working, but no sound , only audio output

i mesure the power bord, is only 5v, not 12 or 24v
                                  Same make and model of this OP?
                                  If it is, then you should up load good clear pictures of YOUR TV that show the whole back side of the TV, and pictures of board especially around the connectors so we see the label for each pin of the connectors.
                                  We need to find out if you do have PS-ON signal from the Main board to turn on the rest of the power supply or not.
                                  Never stop learning
                                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                                  X