Sanyo N8TE Main board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanyo N8TE Main board

Hello. I have the sanyo DP55360A set with a bad main board. I believe I have isolated the issue to the audio amp, but cannot be for sure. I acquired a schematic for the television from this site but cannot figure out which component is bad? The schematic suggests that the power failure circuit is activating. The diode in the circuit that pertains to the audio_pow does not put out the required 13v. If anyone has any insight or experience with these sets it would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Sanyo N8TE Main board

It is not really that the diode "puts out" a voltage, but the low voltage (which the circuit senses) is causing it to pull down the protect signal.

This is a common issue with this model and here is a video on how it is fixed:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSYCn93pz6k
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Superb find sir! That specific IC on my board is not damaged. Also the board in this set is not as well labeled (or my eyes have failed me) and does not show the audio power test point. I'll get that IC replaced and see where that leads me. Thanks for the knowledge!

Comment

I removed the diode on the protection circuit for the audio amp. Speakers won't work but the TV has a digital out for my receiver. Anyone have any suggestions on a replacement amp? Seems like if I replace the IC it will just go bad again. This set is a refurb after all and I can only assume that the board was replaced for the same issue.

Comment

Well the IC could go bad but it will probably last. Component failure is a probability function, a chance, some survive 20 years others die in 5 years.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by nubleet View Post
            I removed the diode on the protection circuit for the audio amp. Speakers won't work but the TV has a digital out for my receiver. Anyone have any suggestions on a replacement amp? Seems like if I replace the IC it will just go bad again. This set is a refurb after all and I can only assume that the board was replaced for the same issue.
            I am just about to try this out. I have the same set up so no need for volume at this point. Lets see how it works.

Comment

Worked wonderfully. Will be keeping volume at 0 forever.

Comment

What diode did you actually remove? I have the same problem....

Comment

Originally posted by nubleet View Post
                  I did find the diode and after removing it the green light now stays on but no picture. Any ideas what to do next?

Comment

Working...
                  X