Samsung PN50A450P1D Plasma vertical lines any ideas? please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung PN50A450P1D Plasma vertical lines any ideas? please help

Samsung PN50A450P1D Plasma vertical lines any ideas? please help. I attached pictures, the lines go from the top to the bottom of the screen and just on the right hand side.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sergio2013; 08-31-2013, 04:46 PM.

Re: Samsung PN50A450P1D Plasma vertical lines any ideas? please help

I'd be tempted to say loose panel connector or digital board issue. Reseat the panel connector for that portion on the X buffer. Only do it with power disconnected or you risk further damage.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      I'd be tempted to say loose panel connector or digital board issue. Reseat the panel connector for that portion on the X buffer. Only do it with power disconnected or you risk further damage.
      Ok ill try that, when you say digital board do you mean the main board or the Y-Buffer? also does it look like a bad panel or no?

Comment

Control board = digital board. Sort of like LCD TV T-con. Usually has a blinking light on it.

You should also try this test to rule out main board:
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...61&postcount=2

I'd say panel failure is about 25% likely on this (not seen it before personally), if you had a single pixel line or dead bar with pixel lines then I'd call panel 100% dead.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Control board = digital board. Sort of like LCD TV T-con. Usually has a blinking light on it.

You should also try this test to rule out main board:
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...61&postcount=2

I'd say panel failure is about 25% likely on this (not seen it before personally), if you had a single pixel line or dead bar with pixel lines then I'd call panel 100% dead.
          Ok thanks ill give it a go and ill report back my findings.

Comment

Well I was having success with the lines I got them to disappear, but as I was about to close it up I heard a pop and I seen a spark and after inspection I see what blew, I'm not sure but it look like to be a capacitor on the logic buffer E which the buffer looks like its not replaceable cause the ribbons to the screen are attached to it, anyhow I took a picture of what blew you can see its burnt in the picture also the number on the board of the failed part is C2555 is that replaceable by soldering a new one and if so what value is it? right now its just a black lit screen.
            Attached Files

Comment

Other values are in parallel with it, they are probably the same. Remove another one and test it.

Comment

Other values are in parallel with it, they are probably the same. Remove another one and test it.
                Actually its the The fuse in my Samsung Plasma E-Buffer board is blown because of a power outage in my house. I jumped the fuse for a few minutes to see if the set was fine and it was. How safe is it to just leave the fuse jumped? would it be ok? If not I have included a picture of the fuse.
                Attached Files

Comment

"RISK OF FIRE. REPLACE FUSE AS MARKED" gives a small clue.

Comment

"RISK OF FIRE. REPLACE FUSE AS MARKED" gives a small clue.
                    Ok, any tips for unsoldering the faulty one and soldering the new one in place? I have one here from a digital board I don't need its exactly the same specs and same fuse. I assume its going to be had with an iron that can only heat up one side at a time. I'm scared of lifting the pads or burning them. Any tips? how about soldering the new one on top of the old one? Do you think a heat gun would work to melt both sides at the same time to pull off the fuse with tweezers

Comment

Originally posted by sergio2013 View Post
                      Ok, any tips for unsoldering the faulty one and soldering the new one in place? I have one here from a digital board I don't need its exactly the same specs and same fuse. I assume its going to be had with an iron that can only heat up one side at a time. I'm scared of lifting the pads or burning them. Any tips? how about soldering the new one on top of the old one? Do you think a heat gun would work to melt both sides at the same time to pull off the fuse with tweezers
                      Its ok I figured it out and had a successful repair. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
                      X