Panasonic TC-50PU54 8 blinks picture flashes then dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TC-50PU54 8 blinks picture flashes then dead

Also, did you use thermal paste and properly secure devices to the heatsink? My guess would be bad driver IC too.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Actual original resistor value per my Fluke is 6.1 ohm. A bit out of spec. from 5.6 ohm
      I did replace gate driver as a matter of course. Did not test original device.
      Yes, devices were secured to heatsink with thermal paste. Gate driver is SMD SOIC. I used my Hot Air Rework workstation to ensure ground pad was appropriately soldered to the board.
      The heatsink for the two devices was hot enough to sizzle the moisture on my finger. So devices were overdriven or heatsink is undersized.
      Not sure how to test driver chip.

Comment

Originally posted by atedesco View Post
        Actual original resistor value per my Fluke is 6.1 ohm. A bit out of spec. from 5.6 ohm
        I did replace gate driver as a matter of course. Did not test original device.
        Yes, devices were secured to heatsink with thermal paste. Gate driver is SMD SOIC. I used my Hot Air Rework workstation to ensure ground pad was appropriately soldered to the board.
        The heatsink for the two devices was hot enough to sizzle the moisture on my finger. So devices were overdriven or heatsink is undersized.
        Not sure how to test driver chip.
        If a Fluke gave 6.1 and the tips and pads were clean , I'd consider replacing that resistor. My fluke (73) has a test lead resistance of 0.2 and those 5.6 resistors on a board I have(not the same board) read 5.7 and I've tried several .

It's a metal film 5.6 OHM, 1/3W 5%. At 6.1 it's at 7.14%(depending on your leads) I'd find another 5.6 on that board or the SC and compare but it may be partially damaged and under use and heat the resistance may be unstable.

Comment

Tried this repair with the kit, worked for an hour and fifteen minutes then died again. Has anyone bought the replacement board and had success? The kit didn't seem to do it for me.

Comment

I just did my panasonic TC-P50UT50 8 blinks problem.
            Ordered kit off ebay for $25.00 'Valley tv service' alumbra Ca.
            The ss board looked messed up from heat - all over.
            Started to remove components and messed up some of the circuit board. The solder was very hard to remove. The resistor is very hard to do since so tiny. I removed heat sink and transistor and diode first to get to smd resistor. Started last night took 5 hours - prayed a lot but watching NFL on it this morning. Beautiful picture. Thanks everyone.

Comment

I hope someone can help. My st50 had 8 blinks. First I replaced ss board, that didn't help, still 8 blinks. So I replaced A board next, blinks stopped, I get solid red light but no picture. Any ideas what's next? I saw on 7 blinks diagram that if no picture, replace su sd board. Is that what needs to be done or tv is no good no more?

Comment

Originally posted by dimafl666 View Post
                I hope someone can help. My st50 had 8 blinks. First I replaced ss board, that didn't help, still 8 blinks. So I replaced A board next, blinks stopped, I get solid red light but no picture. Any ideas what's next? I saw on 7 blinks diagram that if no picture, replace su sd board. Is that what needs to be done or tv is no good no more?
                Exact model of TV and full view hi res photos of original A board and the new one so we can check if they are the same revision boards.

Do you have a multimeter? Always a chance replacement SS board was dud. Where did you get that?

Comment

Exact model 55st50. When I replaced ss board in first place 8 blinks never stopped, so that's when I replaced A board. After I replaced A boarding was like, hmmm, what if replaced ss board was junk, so I went back to my original ss board. All same, no blinks now, just solid red light with no picture. Will make pictures tomorrow. Both of the replaced boards I got from eBay, different sellers, both claimed boards came from working tv
                  Last edited by dimafl666; 01-11-2015, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Exact model 55st50. When I replaced ss board in first place 8 blinks never stopped, so that's when I replaced A board. After I replaced A boarding was like, hmmm, what if replaced ss board was junk, so I went back to my original ss board. All same, no blinks now, just solid red light with no picture. Will make pictures tomorrow. Both of the replaced boards I got from eBay, different sellers, both claimed boards came from working tv
                    the fact you now have a TV which sounds like it is not even trying to turn on or error blinks makes me think it's the wrong A board or may have another issue.

hard to say, really need to fault find it more, a multimeter may help.

A board needs to be marked as the picturem rev UB

the pink highlights shows ho to work it out. from shopjimmy site
                    Attached Files

Comment

I feel really stupid, I disconnected a cable between ss and a board that's why it wasn't blinking. After reconnecting it and making sure everything is hooked up and all screws are tight, I still get 8 blinks.

Comment

I feel really stupid, I disconnected a cable between ss and a board that's why it wasn't blinking. After reconnecting it and making sure everything is hooked up and all screws are tight, I still get 8 blinks.
                        I don't know what to suggest except to get a multimeter and start checking the SS board for shorted transistors, possibly a DG302 I think is the one that commony fails. Are there any burn marks on the panel where the board mounts?

Comment

I assume you have read the tech bulletin attached to post #78?

Comment

I was able to have the Resistor/Capacitor/Diode as mentioned by the technical bulletin replaced by someone, but I am still unable to get past the 8 blinking LEDs issue. I believe it may be the grounding pads as pictured below that may be at fault. What can I use to refill them in order for the board to maintain better contact?

Thanks.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Did you replace the FET/IGBT too? (other device on the heatsink)
                              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

in power supply the red capacitor beside the 450 capacitor what's the value ?
                                Electronic Engineer from Syria,Aleppo

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                  Did you replace the FET/IGBT too? (other device on the heatsink)
                                  Yes I do believe it was replaced (I wasn't the person who did the repair, but I do trust him).

Comment

Originally posted by ddpl View Post
                                    I was able to have the Resistor/Capacitor/Diode as mentioned by the technical bulletin replaced by someone, but I am still unable to get past the 8 blinking LEDs issue. I believe it may be the grounding pads as pictured below that may be at fault. What can I use to refill them in order for the board to maintain better contact?

Thanks.
                                    I've reuploaded the image for sake of clarity. What can I do the repair the sections marked by the red arrows?

Comment

There's a possibilty the driver ic could be bad. have read someone reporting they had to replace it. The shopjimmy kit has all that plus the screws.

that pad looks not too bad, maybe a light rub with fine emery to clean up , clean up the chassis too if burnt

Comment

Hey guys, First off thanks for all the great info on here. My TV went out couple days ago, my question. I live on the coast and there no tv repair places that can do this fix for me. I don't want to try to do the solder work as my skills only go as far as rc cars and wires ect ect. Is there a place a can get the ss board online and do the job myself without the repair kit? And is it worth it for me to try to do this myself? I cant seem to find any ss boards online. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Tuna Bait View Post
                                          Hey guys, First off thanks for all the great info on here. My TV went out couple days ago, my question. I live on the coast and there no tv repair places that can do this fix for me. I don't want to try to do the solder work as my skills only go as far as rc cars and wires ect ect. Is there a place a can get the ss board online and do the job myself without the repair kit? And is it worth it for me to try to do this myself? I cant seem to find any ss boards online. Thanks
                                          moduslinkpts do repair/return

Comment

Working...
                                          X