Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PANASONIC plasma TH-P42X20A, SOS4,1,10,6,8

Originally posted by flocko View Post
    Fixed it.Thanks for all your help with this repair big well done all round Flocko
    Oh, great. I thought you did that the first time which had me puzzled why it did not work.

So obviously the original had suffered trauma.

I'll have t get some more parts and have another go at the SN I have laying around

Comment

Yes I think it had gone big time, as it looked more washed out then when the 37 was fitted, Its not a bad set been on all night so I think its safe to say job done Flocko

Comment

yes well done, cheaper than new boards too!

Comment

With most of the parts coming from China and Japan the costs were less than a few beers down the pub,and I still have lots of the tiny transistors/RJP63F/RJP30E4 left for another day Flocko

Comment

I have just got round to refitting the SN +SS boards after replaceing all the parts as listed
            TNPA5066
            Q451 DG502
            D481 RFU20
            Q661 RJP63F
            D451 ES 1G
            Q701 MMBTA92 (7E W)
            Q702 2PD601ART (3W)
            IC773 5N74AHCIG14DBVR
            Q818 2SK3018

TNPA5072
            RJP30E4 X4
            M81735FP I replaced this with a M81737FP as had one to hand
            with the boards fitted the set powers up solid green light, and solid green on the SN,but the not so good news is the on screen image see photo it could be the driver M81737FP that I have fitted but not sure? let me know what you think, anyway I am getting there Thanks Flocko
            Well, finally got both SN working and a SS to boot.

The first one I replaced both FET drivers as a precaution, but fairly confident they were fine. The second , left them and they were fine.

Had to get both right 2nd time as I was on my last set of transistors, and I got lucky.

I had to replace extra parts, some were already blown originally, others as a consequence of making mistakes.

Pretty much worked out what I did wrong.

Got a bit careless testing the wrong transistor for Q702 on board 1, board 2 Neither Q701, 702 tested short but after seeing a flash of light come from around there, found a hole in Q701 and still not testing short.

I'm not quite sure why I decided to not just replace them both the first time, which is the advice I've given in the past. Over confidence I think.

Watch out for SMD diodes shorting D441, D451.

The SS was dead easy, 4 x RJP30E4, no cock ups this this time, M81735FP was not changed

All parts used were from UTSOURCE.
            Last edited by tw2005; 09-02-2014, 04:12 AM.

Comment

I think its safe to say just replace all the parts listed if they test good or bad, they cost next to nothing and are easy to come by. With all the hard work and time you put in to this I for one would like to say a big thanks for making it a hell of a lot easer for everyone that's going to try component repairs to theses boards. Thanks Mate Flocko

Comment

I think its safe to say just replace all the parts listed if they test good or bad, they cost next to nothing and are easy to come by. With all the hard work and time you put in to this I for one would like to say a big thanks for making it a hell of a lot easer for everyone that's going to try component repairs to theses boards. Thanks Mate Flocko
                Cheers, thanks. I need a new project now, like some A board 1 blinkers.

Comment

I have all ways been lucky and repaired at component level all the Panasonic plasma boards I have come across and so far not had an A board fault, having said that one will turn up tomorrow, I strip and sell lots of parts from damaged sets and sell lots of Panasonic main boards they are the first to go with stands coming second ,SS boards and SC sell Ok ,but power boards don't sell at all

Comment

I have all ways been lucky and repaired at component level all the Panasonic plasma boards I have come across and so far not had an A board fault, having said that one will turn up tomorrow, I strip and sell lots of parts from damaged sets and sell lots of Panasonic main boards they are the first to go with stands coming second ,SS boards and SC sell Ok ,but power boards don't sell at all
                    That's why I struggle with PSU posts, virtually nil exposure to faulty Panasonic PSU .

It always has me curious if we're throwing out repairable boards that have a 50 cent bit that's let it down?

Comment

Well, just had a board failure after repair. SS TNPA5072 blew, this one I used UTSOURCE transistors.

TV has been running this week ok on this board but today my boy got a playstation and was gaming away for an hour or so and bang.

Shutdown of 2 blinks. I knew it'd be SS/SC , turned off then back on , 4 blinks.

So disconnected SS11, left SS3 or the ERC lead still connected to the SN, BIG mistake.

Bang, SN blew, 2 blinks, just shot the crap out of that one too. 1 of the smd diodes on that cct blew it's head clean off and 75% of the IGBTs are blown and god knows what else.

Sure enough not only was SS11 shorted but SS3 and that I believe shot the SN in the arse.

SN2 is also now dead short.

I am wondering if those transistors were potentially fakes now on the SS.

Be interested to hear from anyone who has used UTSOURCE RJP30E4 transistors and had any early failures.

Comment

Hi TW was this the SS you repaired last week that was running in your set? you said you did not change the M81735FP driver do you think that could have anything to do with the early demise of the RJP30E4, have all four blown, i have to say the last ten RJP30E4 that I used on my board I got from Japan but have all ways had them from utsource though Ebay, and have had no problems with any parts I have had from them. so it back to the drawing board with the SN, you did say you needed a new project this set is saying to you not yet you don't Flocko

Comment

yep, all four. The driver, no I did not and yes that's on my mind. I would expect it would either work or nort work. Who knows, but I did get some of them supplied in case. Maybe I'll put a fresh one in when I give it another go.

Yeah a lot of work for the SN again, out of parts too for RJP56/43. Every time it fails they go plus the rjp63 and 30F125 plus diodes. Crap is all I can say right now

So are you saying the UTSOURCE RJP30E4 you use have been fine? Or are you saying you got them from japan?

Do you use any of the TVs you repair to get data off for reliability or do you get feedback from the people you sell the TV too?

Who are using in japan ? How does the prices compare? I'd be interested at looking at an alternate supplier to try.

Have you purchased and DG501/502 TO220 transistors recently?

They look nothing like the last ones I got or what they normally look like. Am wondering if they're real or not. Most of the documents I read were they were obsolete not in production, so where are they getting them?

Comment

the 30E4 that I used were from Japan but I would normally buy from Hong Kong its a lot of trouble with payments to Japan and taxes done it once don't think I would do again, and the cost is about the same, but now that utsource has an ebay shop I will be using that, have also used excellentvaluepart again on ebay for parts also from China,the DG502 that I used came from littlediode but at £5.00 each not good when usource will do 10 for that, as for the set that I done it has been in my living room and in every day uses and has been fine(need a new £100 lamp in my JVC 72" )but will be up for sale soon, I like to put some hours on the sets before they go I don't like getting things returned anyway F1 GP today got to feed my birds before that on (peacocks/ducks and chickens ) Flocko

Comment

the 30E4 that I used were from Japan but I would normally buy from Hong Kong its a lot of trouble with payments to Japan and taxes done it once don't think I would do again, and the cost is about the same, but now that utsource has an ebay shop I will be using that, have also used excellentvaluepart again on ebay for parts also from China,the DG502 that I used came from littlediode but at £5.00 each not good when usource will do 10 for that, as for the set that I done it has been in my living room and in every day uses and has been fine(need a new £100 lamp in my JVC 72" )but will be up for sale soon, I like to put some hours on the sets before they go I don't like getting things returned anyway F1 GP today got to feed my birds before that on (peacocks/ducks and chickens ) Flocko
                              Yes I'll be watching . Who do you back? Button I guess. Our new boy Ricciardo certainly has been having a great year. can't believe he's only on a million compared to some of the others but I reckon he'll be much sought after contract time. Very consistant.

The UTSOURCE DG502 look nothing like the originals. My first batch last year looked OEM , maybe pulled or surplus, this lot ? Anyway if you've had no issues with the UTSOURCE RJP30E4 I'll give it another shot with a fresh driver chip. Just don't like the idea of killing a SN too, just too much work.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                Well, just had a board failure after repair. SS TNPA5072 blew, this one I used UTSOURCE transistors.

TV has been running this week ok on this board but today my boy got a playstation and was gaming away for an hour or so and bang.

Shutdown of 2 blinks. I knew it'd be SS/SC , turned off then back on , 4 blinks.

So disconnected SS11, left SS3 or the ERC lead still connected to the SN, BIG mistake.

Bang, SN blew, 2 blinks, just shot the crap out of that one too. 1 of the smd diodes on that cct blew it's head clean off and 75% of the IGBTs are blown and god knows what else.

Sure enough not only was SS11 shorted but SS3 and that I believe shot the SN in the arse.

SN2 is also now dead short.

I am wondering if those transistors were potentially fakes now on the SS.

Be interested to hear from anyone who has used UTSOURCE RJP30E4 transistors and had any early failures.
                                Just had a tidy up, double checked this board which I've repaired again with new FET IC too, have not run it up but the fact that this took out the SN I had me curious about SS3. Not shorted but when compared to another brand new board could not get the resistance to match.

had a poke and missed a shorted FET , RJK2017. Something else to keep an eye on but i usually check all of those.

Comment

Working...
                                X