Sony KDL-46EX400 2 blink error code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-46EX400 2 blink error code

How can you explain that two Ebay purchased boards(plus the original board) have the same symptom?
    It is so common this issue?

Comment

It might not be the main board.
      But 99% of boards on eBay come from smashed TVs and people can get annoyed when their TV breaks and hit it.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have forced booted the Audio 12V/Regulated 12V and the T_Con 12V and all of them turned on, without the mainboad connected. Do you think that we could do other tests?
        Baclight turned on.

Comment

Got the "new" board and it runs again. I will keep turning on and off, let it run for long time.
          The question is, should I update the firmware or just leave it at that?
          The other ones, I have updated them.

Comment

I wonder if there is bad bug on these main boards that only manufacturer may know about.
            Never stop learning
            Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
            http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Problem again.
              It worked for a day, while I was turning it on and off and let it run for hours.
              Yesterday I have left it on for a couple of hours and I turned it off to see if it's still OK.
              It turned on and it didn't recognize the HDMI source. Backlight it was very dim.
              If I unplugged it and plugged it back in the backlight would turn bright again, but still didn't recognize the source.
              Then after a couple of tries, the LED would turn green and backlight is completely off. Doesn't want to turn on anymore. I forgot to check with the flashlight.
              I have reset it after that, but nothing happened.
              I may just give up and sell this TV, I'm so frustrated with it.

Comment

Today after plugging back in the AC cord it started again.
                It recognized the source.
                I thought that maybe it would be a good idea to do a firmware update since they mention something about HDMI sources are not recognized.
                Unfortunately I did something stupid. In stead of turning the TV on and then plugging the USB stick in and then turning it off, I have plugged the USB stick in while it was in stby and it started updating the update. At least judging by the LEDs blinking.
                It was blinking to much compared to other times. I couldn't wait any longer and I unplugged the power cord.
                Since then is blinking again the 2x code.
                I'm thinking that maybe the other boards may have a similar problem, something corrupted in the firmware.
                There is a way to clear the firmware chip, or replacing it with another one?
                Which one would be that?
                Anybody tried connecting the TV to a PC, to see if it's recognized by the PC?

Comment

The Ebay seller suggests to wiggle P to mainboard cable.
                  He also thinks that the T-con could be bad. What do you think, it's possible?

Comment

Any ideas? I'm ready to get boards, but I'm not sure which one.
                    Could it be the T-con?

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

Since the 2x error means GD2 power supply board error, should I get a power supply board?
                        I just want to be over with this TV.

Comment

Any signal on the GD2 that looks like an error output for code 2, like "ERROR" or "ERROR2"? Where does the output of GD2 go? You sure pick tricky TVs to work on.
                          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

There is only the BL_ERROR. That shows 3.3v. That means that there is an error?
                            I have three difficult TVs right now. I'm starting to get frustrated with this Sony.
                            At least I have other electronics to repair and I cool down.
                            I'm getting another Onkyo to repair and it's the TX-NR616.

Comment

I should repair this TV, but I have no idea what to do next.
                              I'm wondering why shopjimmy is selling AC-DC converter IC, power supply/inverter repair parts and offers repair service for these power supplies?
                              My problem would be with this board also?
                              http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsear.../?q=kdl46ex400

Comment

Ended up ordering a power supply/inverter board and I'm getting the same 2 x error blink.
                                I don't know what else can I do with it, other then selling it for somebody else for parts.

Comment

Wow this sucks, Im wondering if there is a main board issue with these that would explain it. Im working on a Samsung plasma that had a wacky main board issue, ordered a new board and it worked great for 2 days then started experiencing the same sort of problem the seller described initially. I sent it back for repair and they replaced a part so we'll see when I get the part back tomorrow.

I thought it was really strange that the new board worked at first, but then started showing symptoms of the same problem. But maybe there are a lot of bad ones out there that are intermittent enough to test good to someone parting out a TV.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32061

Comment

It's interesting that with another mainboard it working would work for a while.
                                    My next step is to send this board back and get a T-con board.
                                    Maybe my issues it is there. When the TV turns on, it senses that there is a T-con issue and turns off the T-con 12V.

Comment

It's possible that the panel causing the 2x error code?
                                      At justanswer, one of the techs thinks that if the PS board doesn't fix this error, then it's the panel:
                                      "Expert: Aric replied 3 months ago.
                                      Unfortunately I don't have good news. The 2 blink code in this TV that the G1 power supply board is faulty, but if you still have the same problem after replacing the board, there is a service bulletin indicating that the LCD panel is sending a signal to the supply that is causing the error code. There is not a fix for this problem, because the cost of the LCD panel is more than the TV costs when new. I wish I had better news on this problem, but there's nothing else that could cause this problem you're having."

Comment

I have unplugged the ribbon cables after the T-con and nothing changed.
                                        Could it be the T-con?

Comment

I guess at this point is how much is the t-con board because you are probably the only one that's going to t/s this one if you are up to it...

Comment

Working...
                                          X