Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony klv 32u300a display problem

Originally posted by abbas101 View Post
    Please advice what these RJ?? components are with "0" printed on top, are these resistors with 0 value and acting as jumpers?

There are lot of these on inverter board and all showing continuity except RJ58

Any advice?
    "0" indicates it s a 0 ohm resistor. It is acting as a jumper.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks for explanation. It means it should show continuity and give beep on multimeter?

Comment

Originally posted by abbas101 View Post
        Thanks for explanation. It means it should show continuity and give beep on multimeter?
        Do not use the continuity feature and rely on the beep. Some multimeters will beep continuous if the resistance reading is less than 1800 ohms.

A 0 ohm smd resistor should read around 0.0 ohms. Obviously, if you short out your leads and they read 0.2 ohms (like mine), then a 0 ohm resistor should read 0.2 ohms.

Any reading signficantly higher than 0.2 ohms is an indication that the resistor is bad.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

:

Thanks to everybody.

Problem is solved.

Culprit was RJ58. I show the technician and he made a wire jumper to replace it. All the tubes are now evenly brightened.

Tom, Thanks to you for suggesting not to buy tubes in post no. 18, although I was feeling lucky when I negotiated and was about to buy FULL BACKLIGHT for just US$30 from scrap.

Retiredcaps, Thankyou for informing me that those tiny devices are only jumpers. I think It is easiest task to check continuity. I dont know why it took me so much time. I assume that technician has done his work, but he also missed that.

Thanks Again.

Comment

Everything is fine so far except one problem.
            It is not showing any video on HDMI. It switches normally to hdmi mode on selection but screen remains blank. I have connected many hdmi device and cables but no success.
            I also reset tv by pressing up arrow on remote and power button on lcd panel.
            Any valuable suggestions!!

Comment

Possibly main board problem due to bad HDMI receiver -- due to copyright protection on HDMI receiver chip you will most likely need to swap entire main board unfortunately!
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hello everybody
                Set was running fine until it develops new fault. Now it is going into standby mode after giving two red blinks. Can anybody help me to get blink code reference with respect to KLV-32U300A. Do sony use same blink codes for all its lcd models?

Comment

Service manual:
                  http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresul...oria=&kat2=all
                  Never stop learning
                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Thanks for diagram but It does not have any information on blink codes

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X