Weird display - Samsung 52"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weird display - Samsung 52"

Please stop posting pictures in line - use manage attachments.
    If it is now all white all the time it usually means the fuse has gone on the tcon or the cables have been dislodged.
    When you get into the service menu can you move up and down using the buttons on the tv?
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
      Please stop posting pictures in line - use manage attachments.
      If it is now all white all the time it usually means the fuse has gone on the tcon or the cables have been dislodged.
      When you get into the service menu can you move up and down using the buttons on the tv?
      No, I tried the channel and volume buttons but they wouldn't move anything on the menu. I'm pretty sure the cables are in correctly, I have tried taking them out and putting them in 100 times by now and it still looks white. Where is the fuse on the board? and is it changeable? Should I try getting a new tcon board?

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
        You probably have bad tab bonds if the problem goes away after some time, though there is a chance of it being t-con/main board, we need to rule those out, to do so I recommend you get a hairdryer or heat gun and heat up parts of the boards one at a time until it works.
        Would the heat make a difference within a few seconds or should I try for about a minute in each area of each board? I don't want to cause any further damage. Also, which board is the main board? The one with the video inputs or the power board?

Comment

50 or 60 degrees is not going to damage anything if it's there for a minute or so.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
            50 or 60 degrees is not going to damage anything if it's there for a minute or so.
            Heating stuff up didn't change anything :-\

This things tricky.

Comment

Sorry its not all white is it? just looked again at the pictures on another
              monitor and it says you dont have a source connected?
              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Yeah, I removed the source cause it didn't change the look at all. It does show stuff, just a super white tint over everything.

Comment

maybe similar problem to this?
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27946

Comment

I guess I'm just gonna have to try getting another tcon board. Everything seems to point to that or the lcd panel.

Comment

Did the other tcon board work? I have the same model with problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X