Weird display - Samsung 52"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird display - Samsung 52"

Any ideas? It turns on and works fine, just looks like this. I left it on for an hour to see if it would go away but it didn't :'(

Re: Weird display - Samsung 52"

Model number? An LCD?
    Looks like T-con fault to me.
    Have you tried test patterns?
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

So was it working then just came on like that?
      Have you seen it working properly- has it been moved recently?
      Have you checked it with different sources
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

It's the LN52A750R1FXZA and is an LCD. What test patterns are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
          So was it working then just came on like that?
          Have you seen it working properly- has it been moved recently?
          Have you checked it with different sources
          Yeah, I've tried a all the hdmi ports and the vga. I haven't seen it work properly but it was free so I figured it's worth sinking a little cash into it if I must.

Comment

Access the service menu:
            Turn TV into standby, press mute, 1, 8, 2, then power.
            After a short time, service menu should appear. I think test patterns are under the CONTROL menu.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
              Access the service menu:
              Turn TV into standby, press mute, 1, 8, 2, then power.
              After a short time, service menu should appear. I think test patterns are under the CONTROL menu.
              I wasn't able to get into that menu. I figured it has something to do with my crappy radioshack remote.

EDIT: Standby is when you power off but it's still plugged in right?
              Last edited by Jordanqkoch; 04-11-2013, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Model number? An LCD?
                Looks like T-con fault to me.
                Have you tried test patterns?
                If when I play around with the 4 ribbons for the t-con, the lines and boxes go away and the lcd displays perfect colors like that, the lcd panel isn't bad right?

I don't mean that it displays how it should, I mean that it does display lines or just plain white, and is clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordanqkoch View Post
                  =

EDIT: Standby is when you power off but it's still plugged in right?
                  Yes.

It will go all white if you move the leads and cut the power on the tcon.
                  Its too early to tell if the panel is bad.
                  Did you have a known source connected when testing
                  Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair

Comment

Yes.

It will go all white if you move the leads and cut the power on the tcon.
                    Its too early to tell if the panel is bad.
                    Did you have a known source connected when testing
                    No, I just had the menu open so I had some sort of picture to see how It displayed. Should I try with a source?

Comment

Ideally, yes.

Comment

Ideally, yes.
                        Anything specific I should be looking for? I'm going to try with a source tonight.

Comment

Hooked up my computer as a source and played a movie through xbmc, and here are pictures of the results. Messing with the tcon ribbons didn't help. Played back fine (not sluggish) and no ghosting, just these weird discolorations.

If you look closely, the square discolorations are in the same place as my original picture, and always stay in the same place, which makes me think it's the panel :/

Comment

Bump

Comment

No idea mate - does it stay like that if you leave it on a couple of hours?

Looks like Tom is away - bump it again when you see him on other threads

Comment

Here are some other methods to try and get to the service menu
                                Method 1

Put TV on standby and then push in series these buttons on the remote: 'info, menu, mute, power' the TV will then turn itself on and display a menu.
                                Method 2

Turn the power off. On the remote, press Mute followed by 1, 8, 2, Power in sequence.
                                Method 3

With the TV in standby, press the {DISPLAY} {P.STD} {MUTE} {POWER} on the remote.
                                Method 4

With the TV in standby, press the {SLEEP} {P.STD} {MUTE} {POWER} on the remote.
                                Method 5

With the TV in standby, press the {DISPLAY} {MENU} {MUTE} {POWER} on the remote.
                                Method 6

With the TV in standby. On the remote, press Mute followed by 1, 1, 9, Enter in sequence.

Comment

No idea mate - does it stay like that if you leave it on a couple of hours?

Looks like Tom is away - bump it again when you see him on other threads
                                  I haven't tried for a few hours. Maybe about a half hour. I'll leave it on overnight tonight.

Comment

Here are some other methods to try and get to the service menu
                                    Method 1

Put TV on standby and then push in series these buttons on the remote: 'info, menu, mute, power' the TV will then turn itself on and display a menu.
                                    Method 2

Turn the power off. On the remote, press Mute followed by 1, 8, 2, Power in sequence.
                                    Method 3

With the TV in standby, press the {DISPLAY} {P.STD} {MUTE} {POWER} on the remote.
                                    Method 4

With the TV in standby, press the {SLEEP} {P.STD} {MUTE} {POWER} on the remote.
                                    Method 5

With the TV in standby, press the {DISPLAY} {MENU} {MUTE} {POWER} on the remote.
                                    Method 6

With the TV in standby. On the remote, press Mute followed by 1, 1, 9, Enter in sequence.
                                    I managed to get into the service menu but my remote wouldn't move through the menu items :-(

Comment

Left the TV on for a few hours and the display looks really dim and white. Here are some pics. You can still see what's going on very faintly.

Comment

You probably have bad tab bonds if the problem goes away after some time, though there is a chance of it being t-con/main board, we need to rule those out, to do so I recommend you get a hairdryer or heat gun and heat up parts of the boards one at a time until it works.

Comment

Working...
                                        X