Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital LifeStyles model WT322 help

hi,
    cut a long story short ,had this tv 6 years about 3 years back had to change 5 capacitors as seen in pic 1 the back 5 (the 1000uf 16v i used 1000uf 35v radio shack) , about 3 days back again tv just died when i turn it on went green for about 3-5 seconds and in that time was about 1 second shhh swoosh sound , open it up and checked and saw the other 2 front capacitors blown the ones that was ok first time (1 a 1000uf 16v and the 1500uf 16v)back to radio shack thought be easy fix again like last time , i could not get a 1500uf 16v one so got 2 1000uf 35v like before , put them in as you can see not pretty as they would not fit ,

now the 1000uf 35v one i put in to 1500uf 16v hole was a bit crushed a little bit one side cannot see from pic as its the other side , i was going to take it back but thought i would try it now

tried tv and did not work made the shoo shh noise 1-2 seconds and went green and back to red , ok now could that be because of the crushed 1000uf 35v one or because its the wrong one in wrong hole or something else , but the noise looked like it was coming from the area of the big 150uf 400v capacitor now i checked it and it looks loose at the connection to board and as you see in 2nd pic does that look ok or blown ??? , i been looking for these capacitors all over and cannot find one nowhere , or could it be something else any help appreciated.
    ty

[URL="

[URL="

[URL="

[URL="
    Last edited by oldpot; 03-11-2013, 03:42 PM.

Re: Digital LifeStyles model WT322 help

You used rubbish caps from RadioShack which are not suitable for power supply usage.
    You must use low-ESR capacitors to replace those capacitors, such as Panasonic FC/FM/FR.
    And that big 400V cap is bulged, too.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ty tom , at the time radioshack was the quick way to get them , these what i got now again was a quick fast way to check , i realized that there not the right ones and will be changing them as soon as i can get tv hope working again,so my problem now is finding a 400v capacitor , i can find them but not any with long wires any one know where i can get them from ty again .

Comment

The cheap caps can cause more damage than failed ones.
        Possibly replacement for 400V cap (are you sure it's not 450V rated?)
        http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...1471-ND/755987
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

yes tom the pic shows 400v , ty for the link i will order that one and let you know how it goes ty again .
          if i get it working i will swop the others around as well .

Comment

Those blue caps aint 105c, you have used 85c?

Comment

Well, they're general purpose caps, so rubbish in almost every application.

Comment

thank you tom for the links to the capacitors put them in and worked now i be ordering some more and get rid of the others thanks again

Comment

Glad to hear. Cheap caps can often cause more harm than they're worth!

Comment

Good morning,

I am new to the forum and I am trying to fix an lcd tv that was given to my son.....

Does anyone know where I can find a service manual for a digital lifestyles LCD television Model WT322 (part# FA1B-32ZD2)??? I've replaced all the capacitors with panasonic type capacitors as mentioned in your post here but it still wont power up.

The light turns green for a second then back to red and I need the manual to tell me what voltages should be on what pin of what connector etc.etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Comment

You can usually guess. Inverters use 24V almost exclusively. The main board usually uses 12V and 5V. The 12V is used mostly for the audio features and for the T-con board. 5V is used for all of the lower voltage stuff. There's also often a 5V standby rail, available all the time.

Comment

Thank you Tom! :-)

Today I dug into the tv again and replaced all the capacitors with those of a kit that I found on this forum.
                        After replacing the caps, (with the TV plugged in) I took voltage measurements and found that I have the 5.1vdc but can not locate any other voltages on any of the connectors coming fromt he power supply board.

When I press the power button, the red LED turns green for about 2 seconds then back to red.... at that same time, the 5.1vdc drops down to about 2.2vdc then restores to 5.1vdc. Measuring for other voltages after pressing the power button and was still not able to locate any other voltages on any pins of any connectors coming from the power supply board.

I am not apposed to troubleshooting further if I have something like a schematic to guide me and I am not apposed to purchasing a new power supply board either but before spending any money I would like to be 100% sure that it is what the tv needs.

Any recommendations? Troubleshooting or otherwise?

These days I work on automated lighting equipment such as Varilights VL3000, ClayPacky and StudioColors so if ever you should need help with any pro audio or pro lighting equipment, please let me know :-)

And thank you again for your help sir!

Comment

Oh, and just to be 100% sure (again) LOL, I will go back into the tv and double check for voltages on the connectors as I attempt to turn it on.

Thank you again :-)

Comment

There is a repair service which addresses any problem with the power supply board, not just bad capacitors: http://www.coppelltvrepair.com/p/780...r-shutdown-etc

Comment

Working...
                            X