Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Panasonic TC-P55ST30 TV is not turning on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P55ST30 TV is not turning on.

I have a 18 month old Panasonic TC-P55ST30 TV that went bad last week. The power led is solid red when turned on and nothing happens. If I hold the power button on for a few seconds, then it goes into a pattern of 14 blinks. I called the TV repair guy and he diagnosed it as an issue with the SC board (Y Sustain Board) and he said he needs to replace that and will cost $400. I have a couple of questions.

1) Do we need to replace the Y buffer boards along with the SC board? I see that mentioned in a couple of the online stores and youtube videos.

2) When I called panasonic, they said since it is out of the 12 month warranty, they will not pay for the repair. Does anybody have any success escalating this issue with them and is it worth it? If I can get Panasonic to pay for it, I would rather let the TV repair guy do it and be sure its done right.

3) If I end up doing it myself, is there a reliable place where I can buy the boards from? There seems to be quite a differential in price depending on which online store/ebay you get it from. All of them claim that the boards are from broken/returned tv's and was wondering how to verify that the boards would work and not cause any further harm.

I would appreciate any insight into this as I have never done TV repair before personally but am pretty comfortable with doing it myself at this point.

Thanks.

Re: Panasonic TC-P55ST30 TV is not turning on.

14 blinks is NOT an SC (Y-sustain) fault.

Service guide:
    http://www.tgohome.com/ServiceManual...&Search=Submit

55" GT30 may be close enough:

Blinking Times - Check Point
    1 Panel information SOS, LP1 Start SOS
    3 P+ 3.3V SOS A-Board
    4 Power SOS P(MAIN)-Board, P(SUB)-Board
    5 P+ 5V SOS A-Board
    6 Driver SOS1 SC-Board, A-SC FPC
    7 Driver SOS2 SU-Board, SD-Board
    8 Driver SOS3 SS-Board, SS2-Board, SS FPC, SS2 FPC
    9 Discharge Control SOS A-Board
    10 Sub 5V SOS, Sub 3.3V SOS, Tuner power SOS, A-Board, SC-Board, SS-Board, P(MAIN)-Board, P(SUB)-Board
    11 FAN SOS A-Board, FAN
    12 Sound SOS A-Board, Speaker
    13 Emergency SOS A-Board
    14 IR LED SOS A-Board
    So, it is quite possibly IR LED SOS; my guess would be to clean side buttons on the TV, check remote control and try powering on with button.

Many people have had success getting at least a partial discount from Panasonic. BTW, make sure you are counting the blinks properly. SC board failure is very common on this model and Panasonic are aware of it.

Boards can be acquired from eBay, ShopJimmy, and other retailers, or bought from Panasonic directly.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
      14 blinks is NOT an SC (Y-sustain) fault.

Service guide:

55" GT30 may be close enough:

So, it is quite possibly IR LED SOS; my guess would be to clean side buttons on the TV, check remote control and try powering on with button.

Many people have had success getting at least a partial discount from Panasonic. BTW, make sure you are counting the blinks properly. SC board failure is very common on this model and Panasonic are aware of it.

Boards can be acquired from eBay, ShopJimmy, and other retailers, or bought from Panasonic directly.

Actually the TV technician said that since it is solid red when turned on and we have to force it to go into the 14 blink mode, the solid red is the error code.

Any thoughts on replacing the buffer boards as well when replacing the SC board.

Comment

The technician is wrong. Solid red is not an error code. Solid red indicates the TV is in standby. Blinking red indicates an error code. LED will blink every 0.3 seconds then pause for 1~3 seconds. Number of blinks every 1~3 second interval is error code; see above chart.

It is not necessary to replace the buffer boards (SU,SD) on this model when replacing the SC.

The A-board is a common failure too; so if my tips don't work and it's DEFINITELY a 14 blink code (not e.g. two 7 blink codes then shutting off) then consider an A board replacement.
        Last edited by tom66; 01-28-2013, 08:17 PM.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Oh, one other possibility with solid red with no blink code is the great "nonspecific" code, which is usually the A-Board or P-Board, though it usually is shown as one blink... However, I do not know much about diagnosing that. 14 blinks may occur if a button appears stuck to TV? Also, make sure you check the nice "push action" power button is working, perhaps that is broken (would be a nice easy fix if so...)
          Last edited by tom66; 01-28-2013, 08:31 PM.

Comment

I know this thread is a little old, but if there is anyone else looking for some good info on Panasonic Plasma's, I believe I found some very helpful documents while being pissed off and scouring through Google.

http://tsn DOT pstc DOT panasonic DOT com/PASS/olt/files/Plasma/Gen14/2011Plasma DOT pdf

http://tsn DOT pstc DOT panasonic DOT com/PASS/olt/files/Plasma/Gen15/2012_Plasma_TV_Troubleshooting_Guide_2012_04_16_revised DOT pdf

Comment

So,

my problem is that there is no blinking at all.

I've tried two different power board replacements. Even replaced the power switch and the power filter (where the power cord comes in)

no luck.

Any ideas?

Comment

Do you have a solid red led when you power on?
                Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

If solid no blinking , probably shorted PSU at turn on and I'd check the SC for shorted Vsus.

Shutdown but No Blink code - Power LED stays on (Check for Shorted Vsus* / Vda** / P15V).

2 – 3 – 5 blinks are not used.

Changes – 2010 models > SC20 disconnected = 6 blinks .
                  2011 models > SC20 disconnected = 8 blinks.

13 blinks -> Internal communication error on A board.

14 blinks -> Loss of F15V from P bd. P6/pin 10 or A Bd detection.

Decrease of SOS detect time when SC20 is disconnected (no false det)

Comment

Originally posted by freakaftr8 View Post
                    Do you have a solid red led when you power on?
                    Nothing.

A thought just hit me. Maybe the power cord is bad.

I had tried another power cord, meant for computer power supplies and monitors.

But...I took a look at the voltage numbers and I think I'm gonna try another power cord.

Comment

did you figure it out what was wrong? did the power cable work?

Comment

I have a 25 month old TC55ST30 and it just went out yesterday morning. I was watching news and heard a loud shorting sound which seemed to come from the top right corner(facing the tv screen) then everything went dark. I unplugged the tv and plugged it back then turned it on using the button on the tv. Now the red led blinks 14 times. Searching on forums I found that its a bad A board but judging by the area where I think sound came from it will be the SD, SC and SU board. What should I do? Also I couldn't find a place where I can buy the A board part# tztnp01mmum, sent an email to shopjimmy.com . Any recommendations and advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Shankerd View Post
                          I have a 25 month old TC55ST30 and it just went out yesterday morning. I was watching news and heard a loud shorting sound which seemed to come from the top right corner(facing the tv screen) then everything went dark. I unplugged the tv and plugged it back then turned it on using the button on the tv. Now the red led blinks 14 times. Searching on forums I found that its a bad A board but judging by the area where I think sound came from it will be the SD, SC and SU board. What should I do? Also I couldn't find a place where I can buy the A board part# tztnp01mmum, sent an email to shopjimmy.com . Any recommendations and advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
                          Well, you should check out the SC board first as this is the most common failure. Disconnect SC2 and check for short cct across the pins at SC2.

shorted SC has caused 14 blinks
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by tw2005; 02-24-2014, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Should'nt your A board be TXN/A1PAUUS? or TNPH0912AD or TNPH0912AT

TZTNP01MMUM comes up for TH-P55ST30M which was sold in Egypt and possibly other Arab countries?

Did you get this off the board or a service guide?

Comment

I got the board number from the service guide.

Comment

Found the service manual Link from tom66 post above.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                  Well, you should check out the SC board first as this is the most common failure. Disconnect SC2 and check for short cct across the pins at SC2.

shorted SC has caused 14 blinks
                                  Thanks for the pdf, I will look at it tonight.

Comment

Yeah, I was a little hasty in saying 14 blinks is A board fault. It seems to be related to low VSUS perhaps in the same way that 2 blinks on older models is VSUS fault (causing 15V failure.) Odd.

Comment

Also what is SC2 ?

Update: Saw in the pdf linked above what is SC2. Should I just changed the SC board only? I have read in forums that when changing SC board one should change the SD and SU boards as well. As always help is greatly appreciated.
                                      Last edited by Shankerd; 02-24-2014, 10:40 AM.

Comment

I just read the pdf tw2005 provided and according to that the problem is either with A board or the P board........I am all confused now.

Comment

Working...
                                        X