Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This guy has an RCA 42PA30RQ

I don't know for sure...
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I'm going to take a gamble on this a replace the logic board. I recall yesterday when I probed the left side ribbon pins that the waveform started but then flat lined after a second or two after power up.

Comment

And I had the logic board ribbon disconnected from the Y-main

Comment

Found one for $11.99 on eBay

Comment

Logic Board Forced Operation

Note: This test function may not be available on all models

• Step 1- With the Main PCB removed, short pins 1 & 5* on the 24P ribbon cable to the SMPS from the main PCB to turn the panel on. This will turn on the secondary voltages of the SMPS. Shorting the POWER ON connection to ground is the same as the power on from the power switch.

• Step 2 - Carefully short pins 3 & 4 of the quad connector on the Logic PCB together. When the panel is powered on, the PDP will automatically “play” the internal test patterns stored on the Logic board that would normally be accessed only through the service menu. This will force the logic board into a loop where the internal test patterns will be displayed in sequence.

• Step 3 - After the proper pins are shorted, apply power to the AC input. The TV will power up by itself and if all is well with the logic, X, Y buffers and address boards, the panel will “play” the test pattern loop. If everything looks normal the possible problem is the main board which is the only thing left not in the circuit.

*ALWAYS check the service manual for the correct PS_ON and GND connections.
            SMPS

Short the PS_ON and GND pins on the ribbon cable connector from Main Board to SMPS (24P)

Short pins 3 & 4 on the Logic Board with a 4 pin test terminal Logic PCB

Comment

Rrrrrrrrr... Tested the logic board off the tv. Hooked up 5.2v via my variable power supply. I probed the ribbon pins you said. When it was on the Tv I wasn't getting the waveform but now I have them. I'll upload the snap shots of oscilloscope reading and waveform

Comment

Good morning bad cap world!!!! . I will not rest until I fix my Tv

Comment

Originally posted by Bling23 View Post
                  Good morning bad cap world!!!! . I will not rest until I fix my Tv
                  Good to hear!
                  It'll be a great feeling of satisfaction when you get it going.

God job on the help, Tom. You rock!
                  36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

you waiting for replacements boards to be delivered? i hate waiting lol cant wait for the buzz of fixing something even better if i got it for free!!

Comment

Lol.. I know I hate waiting for parts also. Especially when they send them via ground 3000 miles away.

Comment

so true i just like to finish the job, waiting or wrong parts sent/faulty is really annoying imo.just read your posts hopefully the replacement boards will fix your issues never worked on a plasma my self but toms helping you as best he can so i am sure you will fix it soon.

Comment

That's a affirm.. Toms been a big help. And your right about the wrong or faulty part. And I believe I was sent a faulty Y-main. Going to send it back since the seller warranties it.

Comment

Can anyone tell me if browning around a solder joint is ok or something to be concerned about???

Comment

Found one around a solder join on a IGBT transistor on PSU

Comment

They're probably fets on the PSU, they could be a problem but I don't think they are the actual cause, if that makes sense.
                                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok thanks Tom. I have another Y-main on order

Comment

Have you tested the buffers?
                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51SZsfH60EY

Comment

Yes I tested the original and it had no shorts. But I was getting a short reading on one of the diodes in circuit. I I bought a replacement for $22

Comment

Replacement Y-buffer board

Comment

The wife is buying me a couple of needed solder equipment for my birthday. A rework station and a electric solder sucker.

Comment

Working...
                                          X