This guy has an RCA 42PA30RQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This guy has an RCA 42PA30RQ

The boards LED flashes on for about five seconds and goes off for 2 seconds. but what am i looking for with this test? waveform after hooking the jumper wire?

Comment

You're looking for a Y-main waveform yes, and when you hook up all the boards (except the X-main) you should see dim test patterns cycling on the display panel.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I should hook up the Y-Buffer board back up ?

Comment

For the first test (waveform) leave it unplugged.
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

ok this is how i hooked the jumper wire. LVDS ribbon disconnected. So no change.. when I turn on the TV I get a quick waveform and then it flat lines. it happens to fast to get a snap shot
            Attached Files

Comment

The problem I have is I had a PS43D450 to repair and it would shut down with the X-main failed or missing. This made it hard to isolate the fault. BUT, an older PS42B450 did let me run with the X-main missing, and I'm fairly sure this TV is based off the same plasma panel. As far as parts go, what have you already replaced?
              Last edited by tom66; 03-09-2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I've replaced the Y-Main the Y-Buffer and I have the X-Main on order and a small square board that has input from PSU output to main board.

Comment

Can you try the original Y-main? Was that definitely bad?

Comment

Four of the 8 mosfets were shorted. I tried replacing them on the board but I'm need more work with my soldering skills hahahaa

Comment

I still have the board but I removed the heat sink and the mosfets

Comment

Ah OK then. Perhaps re-try the test for the shorted FETs on the new Y-main?

Comment

I have a question regarding that?... Can the test be done with fets on the board or is it best to have them out of circuit? Also is it better to use diode on DMM or use analog multimeter?

Comment

You can do it in circuit. Once you find a suspect device pull it and re-test. Diode mode works well. No need to use an analog meter.

Comment

All the diodes tested fine. I had one that would not register any forward voltage drop on my fluke 87. I removed it out of the curcuit and retested it and it tested good. It's a RJP30E2

Comment

That's an IGBT.

Comment

I found a good Samsung training Manuel online. It explains how everything is suppose to work with each board. My PSU voltage is key to determine what's going on. I think something is powering down the PSU. That fuse located near the VC input on the PSU reads 120v when I plug in the TV. When I power on the TV, the volts drop to 64 volts. Shouldn't that maintain a constant 120?

Comment

More than likely it is due to the class Y caps. If the PSU voltages are good, if only transiently, the fuse is almost certainly good.

Comment

I wish I had schematics for this TV.

Comment

I have schematics for the PSU, I think.
                                        http://www.tgohome.com/ServiceManual...&Search=Submit

Comment

So far I"m below $100 in replacement parts...I wonder if I should order a logic board

Comment

Working...
                                          X