Toshiba 40RV525R service manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba 40RV525R service manual?

Thank you for the diagram. Same here as above, more interested in the power supply.

no problem, it's my thread but actually it's Bmellero's tv, we just work together at the same company.

Comment

Do you have the component in post 18 that I mentioned on the back of the board?

The board is not Identical but very close to Mine.

Comment

Bmellero should give you this info, the Tv is at our work place and I'm home sick.

Comment

Did you ever get around to testing this?

Comment

He didn't. He is very busy at work, now he is gone for a couple of days.
            Most likely he will buy another PS.

Comment

So, just to end this thread, my colleague replaced the power supply board and the TV is working great. He didn't have time to continue to repair it.

Comment

Hello. I know this is an old thread, but I have the service manual and wanted to leave it here in case someone came here looking for it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by s40ward View Post
                  Hello. I know this is an old thread, but I have the service manual and wanted to leave it here in case someone came here looking for it.
                  Thank you so much. I am attempting to repair a Toshiba 40RV525R, so I'm hoping this service manual applies to this TV. All I have is a multimeter, this manual, and some rudimentary skills as a computer technician (not much in the way of electrical work). So, every piece of information helps.

EDIT: Of course, right after I finally see your service manual I finally find a service manual for the 40RV525R. This manual also applies to the 32RV525RZ, 37RV52R, 37RV52RZ, 37RV525RZ, 40RV52R, 40RV52RZ, 40RV525R, 40RV525RZ, 46RV525R, 46RV525RZ.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Yabos McGee; 10-05-2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Same model. Same problem.
                    Limited skills. Harbor freight multimeter.
                    Pin readouts on PS at P802 expected and (actual)
                    1. Gnd
                    2. Gnd
                    3. 24V Aud> (no reading)
                    4. 24V Aud> (no reading)
                    5. Gnd
                    6. Gnd
                    7. Gnd
                    8. 12 V> (no reading)
                    9. 12V (Panel Pwr.)> (no reading)
                    10. 5V>** (no wire in connector but 5V without connector in place) ** indicates standby
                    11. 5V>** (5V)
                    12. 5V>** (5V)
                    13. Pwr. On (Enable) 4.0V< (.07)
                    14. AC Det (PWR Good) .07V> (5 V without connector - .04V with connector)
                    15. Dim 1.3 to 3.3V< (.02V)
                    16. BL On 5V< (.01V)
                    There is signs of burning at D204 between E212-213 on PS board right of the connector black with silver band in attached photo above on page 1. I don't think I have attachment privileges yet.
                    Attached Files

Comment

used the diagnostic flow diagram in the manual linked above and it points to "problem with the SYSCON circuit on the main board"... whatever that is.
                      The main board is priced in the $70-80 range which might mean this 9 year old tv is heading for the heap?

Comment

Disconnected Pwr board to main and inverter boards and applied AC. I used a small wire and shorted pin #12>5V to pin #13 Pwr On (enable) and now I get 16V where 24V is expected and 7V where 12V is expected.
                        Any suggestions appreciated.
                        Last edited by juicer; 04-18-2017, 02:15 AM.

Comment

I am having a problem with sound and not sure if it is a setting in the menu. Sound works perfect but if the TV is turned off and then back on the sound always resets back to 38. I can't seem to fix it from the menu. My next idea is that it may have a bad EEPROM chip. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Comment

Working...
                          X