Samsung LNT 4053H powers but no backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LNT 4053H powers but no backlight

Samsung LNT 4053H powers up for about 90 seconds but back lights never come on. Checking capacitors show nothing bad.

The inverter board's fuse is good. All the voltages are checking good on the power supply board.

Is this just an automatic inverter board replacement??

Can the T Control module cause the inverter backlights not to work??

These are the following pictures...

Thank you for your help

Bill
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung LNT 4053H powers but no backlight

Thanks for including photos but they are so far off, it's hard to see any components. My advice would be first to verify if there is a picture present when the set is on by using a flashlight. Is there sound as well? If these both are present then I'd check the inverter board. Usually they will have their own fuses. Also you can check for burned transformers. Give this thing a good visual and see if you dont find something.
    The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Thank you DGtech.

I went back and looked closer.
      #1, I do have back light
      #2 No sound and no picture.
      #3 Cycling on and off. No response from controls being pressed.

I am leaning now toward the main module which is BN41-00840A or am I making a wrong assumption??

Bill

Comment

With the little info that we do have at this point, there's no board that I can rule out. Not even the inverter. Just not enough info yet.

What are the output voltages from the power supply board?
        The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Working...
        X