Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba 42HP95 - No Power, no lights, no anything

Hi,

I have a Toshiba 42HP95 (42" Plasma) that won't turn on.

When I plug in the power cord, I hear the relay click, then nothing. There are no blinking lights on the front, and it appears dead.

I pulled the power supply board and went over it searching for blown caps. Everything appears to be in good shape.

Just for kicks, I unplugged the Seine board (seems to be a common failure) but that did nothing. I've been testing components on the PS board randomly and so far everything is testing ok. I've tested several caps for shorts and so far so good.

I have repaired other sets mainly by replacing blown or bulging caps. Before I start buying boards for replacement, I wanted to see if anyone had anything on this.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Toshiba 42HP95 - No Power, no lights, no anything

Before buying a replacement board, post some pics of the power board (most likely in this case). This may simply be bad diodes or something. Its worth taking a look at this further before doing board swapping.
    The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Ok, I'll do that when I get home.

I was able to test most of the diodes on the board, and they all seem ok in circuit. R401 is the only thing in circuit that doesn't test properly, but that's just because I probably need to pull it.

I was trying to avoid desoldering parts for shotgun testing too.

I should probably unplug one thing at a time from the power supply board to see if the circumstances change at all too. I'll throw the board back in and do that as well. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

I have fixed one of these with a very similar problem. The relay would click over but there was no power otherwise. There was an STR-F6167 voltage regulator that was bad and prevented the set from turning on. It was location Z401. I also replaced R401 and R402 just to be safe. The hard part will be finding that particular regulator because it has long been discontinued.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! That's exactly what I'm experiencing.

So, I've been frantically searching for that Voltage Regulator and I don't think it's cost effective to buy what I think might be it.

I think I might have found one, but it's $32. I can get a new PS board for $85, so I might just do that. At least then, I'll have a spare board to pull from in the future should anything else fail.

What do you think? Where were you able to find it?

Comment

Because of the lack of availability of that voltage regulator and the price of a whole new Power Supply board ($85 shipped!), I decided just to get the PS board.

I'll let you know if that resolves the issue when I receive it later this week.

Thanks for all your help!

Comment

Re: Toshiba 42HP95 - No Power, no lights, no anything - FIXED!!

The new power supply board worked! It fired right up and is working nicely.

I would have liked to get just the new voltage regulator and fix it that way, but for $85 shipped I couldn't pass up the new board. Thanks for all your help!

I got the board from www.teamequip.com

I was able to negotiate free shipping on the board saving me $15!!

Thanks again and take care!

Comment

Congrats. Maybe you can fix the extra board that you have and sell it. With little effort, I found the chip on ebay for about $9 - free shipping.
                The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Could you post the link to the regulator? That is a very good price.

Comment

ebay item number : 290594190914

There are two available.

Comment

I'm having the same problem and found this thread. I can't seem to find that voltage regulator anywhere. Any ideas where I might find one? If not, I can just get a replacement board.

Comment

Working...
                      X