Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vizio VW42LFHDTV10...Brother Mikes TV...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vizio VW42LFHDTV10...Brother Mikes TV...

why did you replace the fuse in the first place? was it bad?

Comment

I have no equipment to check wheather the fuse was the culprit or not so I decided to give it a shot.

Comment

What has been done so far with your set has all been done without using a meter to check a fuse? You've replaced the main board with no success. The wasted money and wasted time could have been avoided if you would have posted pictures of what you had in the first place. We could have told you where to find the proper fuse and then we would go on from there. Now you are backtracking saying that the fuse wasn't really secure?

Post pictures of the whole set and then post pics of the individual boards, including the master and slave inverter boards (if any, would be on the right and left side under a cover).
        The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Originally posted by Dgtech View Post
          What has been done so far with your set has all been done without using a meter to check a fuse? You've replaced the main board with no success. The wasted money and wasted time could have been avoided if you would have posted pictures of what you had in the first place. We could have told you where to find the proper fuse and then we would go on from there. Now you are backtracking saying that the fuse wasn't really secure?

Post pictures of the whole set and then post pics of the individual boards, including the master and slave inverter boards (if any, would be on the right and left side under a cover).
          Then go to wal-mart to the automotive section and buy you a digital multimeter for like 15 bucks. You will need this many many times and it's a decent DMM for the price.

Comment

I have not changed the mainboard yet DGtech. Still waiting for its arrival. The only difference in the fuse I replaced was the pigtail part (mounting). Yes I will have to get a meter. I want to check the caps and regulators. Hopefully my situation is the same as King's and I can follow his steps. This way I can return the main board I orderd.

Comment

The mainboard I ordered finally arrived. The components and numbers all matched on both boards pefectly. The only exception being the middle numbers 0472 and 0502. Other than that... same exact board. So I switched the boards out and still same problem. I believe, that eliminates the mainboard as the culprit. I placed my tv in a pitch black room as suggested and turned it on. No light what so ever besides the Vizio logo. With the lights being off I am asuming that it is not the TCON and leaning 100% toward the inverters as the culprit. Will check them out tomorrow and post findings. If so, is there a way to repair the inverters? Or , would I have to have them replaced?

Comment

Originally posted by stefnopolis View Post
                If so, is there a way to repair the inverters? Or , would I have to have them replaced?
                It would be nice to be able to SEE these inverters to know what type and what you should check next. Flying blind sucks.
                The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Found the culprit!! After careful inspection found one of the pins fried on the Master inverter. I believe it is MU1. It has 16 pins on both sides. Now, where to get the part... anyone?

Comment

Found the culprit!! After careful inspection found one of the pins fried on the Master inverter. I believe it is MU1. It has 16 pins on both sides. Now, where to get the part... anyone?
                    yep, If there is no backlight, you needed to check the 24v line coming from the power supply and if you have 24v there, you can pretty much bet its in the inverter.

Comment

100% sure its the master inverter.. anyone know where to get the MU1 integrated circuit?

Comment

Never mind. Just picked up the part.

Comment

Never mind. Just picked up the part.
                          Are you also getting the transistors?

PlainBill
                          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Fortunately yes. Instead of looking for all of them individually I just purchased the already assembled kit from ebay. 15 bucks ... sure why not.

Comment

I'm surprised you didnt just replace the board. I've replace this chip several times on different sets. It's a task that I wouldn't suggest taking on unless you're a pro at soldering.

What is the numbers on the inverter board you are fixing??

Comment

Yes I know those pins are extremely small but if i succeed I will be feeling very good about the work ive done and $ I have saved. I bought this tv fried and sofar I have spent on a fuse, a restock fee, and the circuit/transistor kit. If I fail I wont be feeling bad about buying the master or having someone solder those pesky pins. Besides I have done plentyof smd's no problem... hopefully this will be a similar task.

Comment

Hi all,

Few days ago the tv gave up on me, i found this thread, read it couple times and check all
                                  U2, U4, U7, U8, U9, U33 and the voltage are fine. Now im kind of frustrate, could someone shed some light for me.

Any suggestion would greatly appriciate

Thanks

Comment

A description of the failure or pictures of the failure is always a great start.

Comment

I was able to:

- Turn on the TV
                                      - Vizio Logo turn from orange to White
                                      - Screen is Black (not even backlite or a flash, completely black from off to on)
                                      - Not able to turn OFF TV unless unplug

From what I've read from this thread and other thread it, the problem is from the main board mostly U33. I used my multimeter to check and got the following number

Chip Location / Vin / Vout / Adj,Gnd

U2 / 5.19 / 3.30 / 2.0
                                      U4 / 5.19 / 3.30 / 2.0
                                      U7 / 3.30 / 1.28 / 0.0
                                      U8 / 5.19 / 3.30 / 2.0
                                      U9 / 3.30 / 1.52 / 0.0
                                      U33 / 5.19 / 3.30 / 2.0

Comment

Check the inverter boards as well. (Master and Slave)

Comment

two caps on both inverter are bulge, will get it replace but it shouldn't effect the main board ( cannot turn off after it turned on?)

Comment

Working...
                                          X