Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Navitel R1000 GPS camera bricked while updating, dump needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Navitel R1000 GPS camera bricked while updating, dump needed.

This camera was flashed by the owner and after update it starts displaying NAVITEL and that is all.
    I have contacted Navitel help , they sent me one file called SdFwCode.bin and the firmware SD_CarDV.bin which i have uploaded here in a zip file together with a backup of the actual dump thats on the camera.
    These two bin files they say that i have to copy into an microsd card formated fat32 not bigger then 32Gb and to install the card into the camera.
    So first i had to press the M button on the camera , while keep pressing it i have to plug power cable into camera then press power button while keep holding the M button and the camera was suposed to update the firmware but it my case it does nothing. I have tryed with several micro sd cards, i have also programmed the flash memory with my programmer using the SD_CarDV.bin which is the update file from their website but i get no image on the display.
    If someone can help me compare the bin that i made a backup of with the one from their website and maybe we can make one good bin from the two files.
    Attached Files

Re: Navitel R1000 GPS camera bricked while updating, dump needed.

check the M button actually works

Comment

Hi Thesame.

Your files are fine, the SD_CarDV.bin file is the same as the 20230823_105532_SVOD3.bin file

METHOD:

01. FAT32 card format in PC
      02. upload files SD_CarDV.bin + SdFwCode.bin
      03. insert the SD card into the switched off camera
      04. hold the M button
      05. connect the power cable directly to the camera
      06. STILL hold the M button + hold the ON button until the RECOVERY message appears on the camera display.
      07. release the buttons and wait until the Navitel logo appears on the display and the camera turns off.
      08. turn on the camera with the ON button and make new settings - everything is in factory settings.

Good luck.

Peter

PS: I'm using an automatic translator, so I apologize for any mistakes.

Comment

I have tryed it several times, i have to check the M button to see if it actually works like STJ replyed, it does nothing when trying the recovery procedure, display is black, i was holding both M and Power with the power connected for 30 seconds and the display does not turn on, only when releasing M and pressing power button it does start displaying the logo.
        Then if the both files are the same why when i flash SD_CarDV.bin with the programmer i get no image?

Comment

how did you format the card?
          a lot of people have problems with games consoles because windows does not format stuff properly

Comment

Hello.
            When possible, send me the full serial number of your Navitel camera - it is written on the camera near the buttons.
            Petr

Comment

Hello.
              It is possible to install newer firmware from serial number R1000201710xxxxx.
              Unfortunately, lower production numbers do not have this option.
              Peter

Comment

Originally posted by petrservis View Post
                Hello.
                When possible, send me the full serial number of your Navitel camera - it is written on the camera near the buttons.
                Petr
                This is the serial : R100020190501095

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                  how did you format the card?
                  a lot of people have problems with games consoles because windows does not format stuff properly
                  Formated in windows from right click menu format selected file system FAT 32 and default alocation unit size, tryed with quick format and also low level format with two different micro sd cards.

Comment

https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det...t32format.html
                    try this

Comment

I have formated the microsd with the tool copyed files but with the same problem, i think the microsd are ok , the problem is in the camera itself.

Comment

Originally posted by thesame View Post
                        SdFwCode.bin
                        Bricked my device the same way and found this thread. Can't seems to find zip file anywhere here. Would you be so kind to share it once again.

Comment

Of course , i have uploaded an archive for you , the backup file made from the bricked one its with the name 20230823_105532_SVOD3.bin and the rest are the update files that you need to update with micro sd. Follow the instructions.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by thesame View Post
                            Of course , i have uploaded an archive for you , the backup file made from the bricked one its with the name 20230823_105532_SVOD3.bin and the rest are the update files that you need to update with micro sd. Follow the instructions.
                            Thanks a lot! Coincidentally today I also got a response from Navitels support and they provided me with instructions. According to instructions, I have to use micro sd card of 32 Gb or less capacity. Although original Sd card shipped with device was 64 Gb and I asked them If I actually could use my original Sd card. They said: NO. I wonder If this was the cause of the failed update in the first place. Now I need to get a new micro SD card somewhere just to recover a device. Hopefully it will work.

Comment

Working...
                            X