APC UPS Schematics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APC UPS Schematics

I've got a SmartUPS 1400 (rackmount) that has an issue with reading the incoming line voltage as too high and keeping the voltage trim feature active all the time. I grabbed the commonly available schematics off of eserviceinfo.com and studied what I found. I googled a few things from those schematics and hit the jackpot.

The following site has quite a collection of APC schematics and so far has remained online (though how long it will remain so after I post this is unclear).

http://www.upsclub.org/schem

Re: APC UPS Schematics

its the russians again...... probably that archive will stay online forever....

does your unit nuke the batteries also? https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1839

isnt there some software setting for what you want (i forget, probably its with poor choices anyway).....its a common complaint with any APC product that does trimming. the Line-R units do that also and unfortunately they make terrible buzzing sound when they trim down.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Yeah, mine (SU1400RM2U) nuked the batteries a couple of weeks ago (in addition to the voltage trim problem). I could only get the battery tray about a quarter of the way out, and haven't had the motivation to pull it out of the rack and take it apart.

I remember the setting that you're referring to, and I believe I set it to the highest setting.

Comment

actually bending the battery compartment casing open is not too bad. but if they are the original batteries they will be nicely stuck down with double sided tape which is rather fun.
        capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

I grabbed a bunch of those PDF, but could not find a schematic for my APC 2200. Anybody got one?

Comment

Looks like directory /734 on the site is for the 2200, I no longer have any of my UPS' to crosscheck with though.

Cheers,
            Alex

Comment

Yes, it looks like 745J.pdf is the file for the 2200. Thanks for the pointer.

Comment

Willawake, I finally got around to unracking the UPS. Rather than bend the case trying to get the old batteries out, I hit the one that was stuck with a 3lb sledge hammer (not hard enough to rattle much other than the tray). They came right out.

It also turns out that I probably don't need a schematic to fix it... I found a bad 250VDC polyester film cap under the slot that the management card slides in to. The side of the cap was completely blown out (probably from surge). I'll order some replacements the next time I make a Mouser order.

Comment

Is it a fault in the UPS that causes the batteries to swell up? I figured it was because someone had ignored the battery failure warning beeps on the UPSes. When I was looking after that stuff, I replaced dead batteries promptly, and never had to deal with a swollen battery pack.

Comment

I don't think its a fault in the UPS itself. I feel it is a shortcoming of the battery type used. Not being able to replenish the electrolyte is probably the main killer. The entire pack getting nuked and swelling is probably related to overcharging from a failed cell. Prompt attention and replacement obviously eliminates the issue. That, and avoiding cheap offbrand Chinese batteries. I seem to have the best luck with Powersonic and CSB. I'm sure everyone has their own opinions.

Comment

Anyone out there still have a Schematics for the APC 1400 Smart UPS. The Russian Site no longer has any APC Schematics available.

Tnx Rich

Comment

HI
                        please help me with APC SMART UPS 750 schematic !
                        thx

Comment

does anyone still have any schematic im searching for schematics of some apc ups units the website doesnt have them anymore ?!

Comment

Working...
                          X