Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delta electronic atx 600W - 5V drop

Hi to all,

I have Delta electronics ATX power supply 600W (dps-600mb)

It won't start with load (for example with halogen lamp 20W) on 5V line. If i connect only one hard drive and start ps by shorting pin 14 with ground, it will start OK. However, if i put two HDD's, fan is working and other voltages are present (12V, -5V, 3.3V) but 5V drops to 4.1V and HDD's are not spinning. If i connect third hdd, ps will shut down.

Main problem was that computer didn't start after being turned off until main plug was unplugged from wall socket, and 5-10mins pause.
    Computer is now working with new PS, but i wanna repair this and use it as a spare for testing.
    Two caps in red circle were bulged and replaced with new ones (Yageo low esr 105C)
    any ideas?
    Attached Files

Re: Delta electronic atx 600W - 5V drop

Update: While loaded with two hard drives, 5V has 0.38V ripple showing almost full ac wave. On 12V ripple is much smaller, like 0,09V. I have portable scope and can post pics if needed.

these are esr in circuit readings:
    3330uF 6.3V and 10V 0.01ohm
    2200uF 6.3V 0.03ohm
    2200uF 10V 0.01ohm
    1000uF 16V 0.02ohm

any hints, pls?

Comment

Your replacement caps are either bad or not soldered properly.
      Originally posted by PeteS in CA
      Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
      A working TV? How boring!

Comment

You mean on those two in red circle? Because i only replaced those two, i didn't replaced others on right board.
        btw those two were replaced with Yageo low esr 105C

Comment

Working...
        X