caps for 715T2463 power supply from LCD TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

caps for 715T2463 power supply from LCD TV

Hello folks, I am new to this site, so give me a heading correction if I am straying off course for this forum.

I have an RCA L32WD22 LCD TV that went dark the other day. No response to button pushes, just a continuously blinking yellow LED. On dis-assembly, I found a 1000uf 25v radial cap (elite brand) that popped open (case separated from bottom and pushed upward). Power supply where bad caps are located is part number 715T2463 that looks like is used in a number of LCD TV brands.

I have schematics and board layout, the bad cap is is from the 12v supply section. One cap each in the 5 & 24v sections have some bulging also. All caps are Elite brand, 105 degC rated. The bulged cap in the 24v section is the smallest of a bank of 6 caps and forms the input to the 15v section. I haven't removed any caps yet to look at underside, but while I am in there will probably replace all.

The caps are as follows:
    12v section:
    C952, 1000uf, 25v, low ESR, ~13x23 mm ( popped)
    C929, 470uf, 25v ~10x18 mm

24v section:
    C936, C927, C933, C951 1000uf, 35v ~13x26 mm
    C932, C972 470uf, 35v, low ESR ~10x20mm (C972 bulged)

5v section:
    C939, C941 1000uf, 16v ~10x16 mm
    C934, 470uf, 16v , low ESR ~10x13 mm (some bulge)

15v output
    C911, 470uf, 25v, ~10*16 mm

So in total,
    4 x 1000uf, 35v
    2 x 470uf, 35v low ESR
    1 x 1000uf, 25v low ESR
    1 x 470uf, 25v
    2 x 1000uf, 16v
    1 x 470uf, 16v low ESR
    1 x 470uf, 25v

curious that all bulged caps are low ESR spec'd.

Any recommendations on replacement brand / types ?

Re: caps for 715T2463 power supply from LCD TV

Originally posted by e-hackdotcom View Post
    curious that all bulged caps are low ESR spec'd.

Any recommendations on replacement brand / types ?
    Though this answer for a computer lcd, it does apply in your situation.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...26&postcount=4
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks for the response / recommendation rcaps. Looking at Panasonic datasheets from Mouser now; FR looks like they should do nicely

Comment

Thanks for the response / recommendation rcaps. Looking at Panasonic datasheets from Mouser now; FR looks like they should do nicely
        Hmm, didn't notice the broken link to PCBONEZ's talk about ripple and esr. Here it is

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...47&postcount=3
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

On closer inspection, a few of the caps on this board were Nippon Chemi-Con (NCC) and not Chinsan (Elite). The NCC caps on this board can be picked-out by the three perforations in the top safety vent, the Elite caps have four (i.e. an X or cross).

The attached files are a list (pdf and xls formats) of the original caps and the replacements I picked for this application. The file is a table indicating dimensions, ESR, ripple, and durability specs for each. In general, the Panasonic FR seemed the best choice, I went with FM in one case as it seemed a better fit, scrificing only durability. Anyone car to comment on selections or offer suggestions on the various 470uf 25v alternates in the table?

All the caps that were damaged were the Elite types, supporting what seems to be a common dislike for Elite on this site.
          Attached Files

Comment

On closer inspection, a few of the caps on this board were Nippon Chemi-Con (NCC) and not Chinsan (Elite). The NCC caps on this board can be picked-out by the three perforations in the top safety vent, the Elite caps have four (i.e. an X or cross).
            NCC KY is a good series. NCC has a problem with its KZG series. If you want, you can leave the KY series, but for a few more $, I'm inclined to just do a complete swap and not worry about replacing caps again in future for the TV.

Otherwise, I would go with your replacements providing all the 20mm fit okay in the various areas. I don't have a photo of the board and don't know if there are heatsinks, etc to worry about.
            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Yes, I plan to replace them all. Images attached. It looks like there is plenty of room for taller caps, heat sink is a little over an inch, cover clearance is about 1.5 inches. 5v & 12v section is where popped cap is shown; 24v section is on other side of heat sink. Mild discoloration near heat sink on 5v side suggests that is running hot. Thinking of going with FM for C929; taller FR fits, but FM has better specs except durability (and would fit hole spacing better). Threw in picture of dented cover where C952 popped for fun
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                NCC KY is a good series. NCC has a problem with its KZG series. If you want, you can leave the KY series, but for a few more $, I'm inclined to just do a complete swap and not worry about replacing caps again in future for the TV.
                Thought I'd post some pics of successful re-cap for this project. Better before, and a couple after pics. Went with Panasonic FR series in all but one spot where I used FM, and did replace all. Part numbers and specs for selections are attached as pdf file. Thanks for pointing me in right direction.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi I have a 715t2463-3 psu form a aoc tv, the tv itself turns on for about 5 seconds then, shuts down to a orange flashing light a have changed several of the caps and still no different has anyone else come across this problem thanks for your time aaron

Comment

Working...
                  X