Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS ZenBook UX3404 Water Damage - Schematic / Boardview / Component detail Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS ZenBook UX3404 Water Damage - Schematic / Boardview / Component detail Needed

Hi,
    I have got a water damage Asus Zenbook UX3404 (exact model no. UX3404VC-PURE5) where one of its component got burned, picture attached. MARKING ON COMPONENT is ONLY 5k6 !!
    Wondering does anyone know what is that component, it is located near the GPU. I have found out the same component near the LVDS cable on and that is how conclude that the suspected burned component

Thank

Attached Files

try Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-04-21_173000.png
Views:	83
Size:	310.9 KB
ID:	3256867

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. But it does not seems to be the right component since the burned component has only 8 pins.

I compared again the layout with PCB and found that it is PU2505, can you please share the part no. of it ? and the capacitor below it

Thanks

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	78
Size:	691.4 KB
ID:	3256960

Comment

... Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-04-21_210211.png
Views:	94
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	3256996

Comment

Hi,
          Thanks again but that is not assembled in your board layout, can you please check the other similar component marked in PURPLE in the new picture attached

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by EffiSon View Post
            Hi,
            Thanks again but that is not assembled in your board layout, can you please check the other similar component marked in PURPLE in the new picture attached
            23 Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-04-21_221809.png
Views:	93
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	3257047 Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-04-21_221829.png
Views:	70
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	3257048

Comment

Thank you very much.

I can't find that component available nearby, does anyone have any alternative part number for the given component SY8883

Comment

Hi again,
                Is it possible to share the power cycle of the schematic ? sinice i did not find out the component now i wanted to go and check its power blocks
                or if someone else has any other suggestion ?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X