Lenovo V15-IIL 82C5 Bios please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo V15-IIL 82C5 Bios please

I have a bricked Lenovo V15-IIL - customer did a Windows update which updated the BIOS but didnt complete - now it just has a flashing light on power on.

Does anyone have a bios I can flash to it with my programmer ? The bios from Lenovo is too big to flash and I get an error (I have attached it)

DKCN54WW

Many thanks.
    Mark
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 12-16-2023, 04:09 PM. Reason: 82C5 ,not B2C5

Re: Lenovo V15-IIL B2C5 Bios please

Originally posted by jugglerb View Post
    I have a bricked Lenovo V15-IIL - customer did a Windows update which updated the BIOS but didnt complete - now it just has a flashing light on power on.

Does anyone have a bios I can flash to it with my programmer ? The bios from Lenovo is too big to flash and I get an error (I have attached it)

DKCN54WW

Many thanks.
    Mark
    also post the original laptop bios
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

The original bios on the laptop has been over written

I ignored the wrong size error writing the BIOS.FD file from lenovo

Comment

Without the original bios you have lost DMI, you have to manually add the lost information.
        Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
        Become a Badcaps supporter
        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
        Thanks to all supporters.
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Thanks I will try this in the morning.

If I have no DMI is this a problem? (Windows license key will need renewing I expect.)

Cheers

Comment

I flashed this bios without the DMI info but the laptop still doesnt post.

The power light comes on for 12 seconds then goes of for 12 seconds - then repeats.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks

Comment

The power light comes on for 12 seconds then goes of for 12 seconds - then repeats.

Thanks
              Ignore it, give it more time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Thanks
                The bios posted by hoaca388 is 100% good - just checked it myself, so if you're sure the hardware of your machine is OK, you've must be done something wrong, for example bad programming of the chip, or bad chip soldering to the board, and so on...
                You can also try older DKCN53WW version of the bios:
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Vesko356; 06-17-2022, 02:32 AM.
                Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

100% correct it was me. I re-did the programming using the auto option which i think erases/writes/verifies and now it works. (Initially I just did a 'write')

Beauty....

Thanks everyone especially hoaca388 !

Comment

I wanted the BIOS related to the Lenovo V15-IIL 82C5 device. Please

Comment

Originally posted by farzad1498 View Post
                      I wanted the BIOS related to the Lenovo V15-IIL 82C5 device. Please
                      always when you make a bios request post the original bios even if it is corrupted.. have you read anything from here??? read from post#1..
                      Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                        always when you make a bios request post the original bios even if it is corrupted.. have you read anything from here??? read from post#1..
                        I read all the posts from the beginning, I even tried two of the same BIOS versions, but it didn't work

Comment

I read all the posts from the beginning, I even tried two of the same BIOS versions, but it didn't work
                          post the original bios of the laptop even if it is corrupted..

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                            post the original bios of the laptop even if it is corrupted..
                            I do not have

Comment

I do not have
                              Don't look for the bios solution anymore, you already have the above 2 bios files, it works 100%, and if it doesn't work for you it means there are other hardware errors that have not been fixed.

Comment

need help unlocking lenovo V15 models, Maybe im getting the wrong chip. the chip I'm trying is a winbond W25Q128JV@soic8. I've included the dump too.

This is the output i get from autopatcher

"Using UEFIReplace to inject 2 DXE drivers...
                                [1/2] BootOption (GUID e0746c42-d3f9-4f8b-b211-1410957b9ff5)
                                D1.BIN is corrupted or does not contain a valid dump.
                                There was an error... Aborting."
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Cod king; 06-26-2023, 02:18 AM. Reason: adding info

Comment

Originally posted by Cod king View Post
                                  need help unlocking lenovo V15 models, Maybe im getting the wrong chip. the chip I'm trying is a winbond W25Q128JV@soic8. I've included the dump too.

This is the output i get from autopatcher

"Using UEFIReplace to inject 2 DXE drivers...
                                  [1/2] BootOption (GUID e0746c42-d3f9-4f8b-b211-1410957b9ff5)
                                  D1.BIN is corrupted or does not contain a valid dump.
                                  There was an error... Aborting."
                                  Your model is not supported by the Lenovo autopatcher.

The SVP password is c1tyhealth

Comment

Hi Vesko

Thank you that password worked.

I thought that might have been the case. Also just for future reference could you show me how you found out the password as I have a lot of these to unlock.

Comment

The password is encrypted inside the dump. Upload the bios backups of those laptops you want to be unlocked.

Last edited by Vesko356; 06-26-2023, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                        The password is encrypted inside the dump. Upload the bios backups of those laptops you want to be unlocked.

Hi Vesko

Autopatcher is not working on this one, even though its worked on another laptop of the same make and model. Please can you decrypt the password.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X