Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer E1-731 Bios Unlock

Hello,

I'm trying to find a way to extract the bios password for an Acer E1-731. I've extracted the bios + EC but i have a lack of knowledge on how to find the bios password in the HEX editor.

This laptop is unused since 3 years and I did forget to remove the password at that time (i have another one where I removed the password when i decided to store them)

Find enclosed BIOS + EC.

Board number :69N099M13A01 - 12667677 - NBRYR11001346029B47200

Any hint or help will be much appreciated! :-)
    Attached Files

Re: Acer E1-731 Bios Unlock

For 10 digits, see here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=84084

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for the answer, I did forget to tell, i've seen this but i'm not getting any 10-digit, just that the system will halt and that's it.

Comment

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/44...page=65#manual
        Maybe it usefull for E1-731 model

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
          Thanks, did check, i haven't those pins next to one of those ram slots.

I did found the service manual of the v3-771 (that looks similar to my model) and found the corresponding pins but unfortunately, it doesn't work either:

""Chapter 5

Steps for Clearing BIOS Password Check

If users set BIOS Passwords (Supervisor Password and/or User Password) for a security
          reason, BIOS will ask the password during systems POST or when system enters the BIOS
          Setup menu. If it is necessary to bypass the password check, short the HW Gap to clear the
          password by performing the following steps:

1. Remove power from the system.
          2. Remove HDD, AC and Battery.
          3. Disconnect the RTC Battery (Figure 5-3).
          4. Locate the RTCRST# jumper.
          5. Use an electric conductivity tool to short the two points of the RTCRST# jumper.
          6. Plug in AC, keeping the RTCRST# jumper shorted.
          7. Press Power Button until BIOS POST is finished, then remove the conductivity tool from
          the RTCRST# jumper.
          8. Restart the system. Press F2 to enter BIOS Setup menu.
          9. If there is no Password request, BIOS Password is cleared.
          10. If a password is requested, repeat Steps 1 through 9."

I did exactly what has been documented, but with no sucess. There is two RTCRST jumpers (JRST2001 & JRST2002), shorted both and tried several things but no luck at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Kashi1712 View Post
            Hey,

Thanks for the answer, I did forget to tell, i've seen this but i'm not getting any 10-digit, just that the system will halt and that's it.
            This might be it
            Attached Files
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
              This might be it
              Will give it a try, Thanks !

Comment

Thanks mate ! That was it :-)

Comment

Interesting, it is a clear text

Comment

Working...
                  X