Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP BIOS unlock tool

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
    Well, you need to specify which model you have. BIOS chip models don't say much.
    sorry for late reply

hp omen 15 ax236tx laptop

error: 5.3 capslock blink error,
    system board is ok, flashed bios chip with 08217 bin file but not sure do we have to unlock it before flash or is it ok to flash without unlocking?

Comment

Omen not supported. Make a new topic about it.

Comment

Hi

need help ,

My hP omen laptop ax236tx model has stopped working . No display only capslock blinking 5 long 3 short. I have checked ram and reset cmos and did every thing which links with this code, flashed bios chip using soic8 clip adapter and SPI programmer using help from this forum.

Can someone check my bios file what is wrong with this file, do it needed to unclock or not. i retrieved this file from my laptop bios chip Gigadevice GD25B64CS1G

thanks for help. I am stuck
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-03-2020, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stingerchamp View Post
          Hi

need help ,

My hP omen laptop ax236tx model has stopped working . No display only capslock blinking 5 long 3 short. I have checked ram and reset cmos and did every thing which links with this code, flashed bios chip using soic8 clip adapter and SPI programmer using help from this forum.

Can someone check my bios file what is wrong with this file, do it needed to unclock or not. i retrieved this file from my laptop bios chip Gigadevice GD25B64CS1G

thanks for help. I am stuck
          Didn`t you read post #442 .Your bios has been deleted,you`ve already posted it in another thread.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
            Didn`t you read post #442 .Your bios has been deleted,you`ve already posted it in another thread.

Sorry , It will never happen again But my concern was does my laptop model will get benefit from HP bios unlocker or no need of it

please help me to solve this OMEN laptop no display issue.

Comment

The HP BIOS unlock tool is a bios password unlocker,it will only remove bios passwords for certain HP models,not pavilions,not omen models either.This tool will not help with a black screen issue.
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                The HP BIOS unlock tool is a bios password unlocker,it will only remove bios passwords for certain HP models,not pavilions,not omen models either.This tool will not help with a black screen issue.
                Thank YOU Understood.
                Please help to check file i posted in another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                  I am really not sure. Too new for me so I have not tested it on that model yet.
                  Thanks. Since the model was released around the same time as laptops with 8000U CPU's I guess there's hope at least.

Is Sure Start a problem for using the method in the OP? Generally speaking.

Comment

Haven't had an issue with surestart yet.

You should factory reset settings and security settings after restart. This should make it like it was never locked before.

Comment

Ok, good to know. My 645 G4 have both Surestart and BIOS password enabled.

I was worried because Sure Start is supposed to restore the BIOS (I guess copied from the other chip) if certain conditions are met.

Comment

it's not work in Elitebook 830 G5 , plz help...

Comment

Originally posted by itsmagic1 View Post
                          The tool works great for a HP 830 G5. It unlocks my Administration Password!

Thanx a lot!
                          can show me how u fixed it, i have same model but it not work..

Comment

Originally posted by eric_locate View Post
                            it's not work in Elitebook 830 G5 , plz help...
                            that's 2 file bios i found in motherboard
                            plz help...
                            Attached Files

Comment

that's 2 file bios i found in motherboard
                              plz help...
                              try this if it works enter the DMI information
                              Attached Files
                              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post

I assume this loses serial number and other data and laptop will be in MPM?

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                                  i tried 2 file but it's not working , then i kept file 32M orig + file 16M (you fixed) -> it's work -> bios password removed
                                  But have a problem -> security device
                                  you have any solution , thanks
                                  Attached Files

Comment

i tried 2 file but it's not working , then i kept file 32M orig + file 16M (you fixed) -> it's work -> bios password removed
                                    But have a problem -> security device
                                    you have any solution , thanks
                                    try again with what I sent you to post # 454, the 33mb bios posted by you is longer, it can't work ... and be careful when writing ...
                                    Last edited by peste; 10-07-2020, 06:09 AM.
                                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Hi 8470p (3rd gen) issues. Winbond 25Q128 16legs chip.
                                      When i use tool and put new dump i have black screen, no power at all.
                                      Rollback and working fine so dump is ok. Any ideas? Ive got only problem on two this models.

Comment

Share your files, can't help blindly.

Comment

Is this working in HP Probook 6470b?Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X