Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extract bios password from EliteBook 840 G8 Bios dump, possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP Elitebook 850 G8 bios locked

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
    HxD editor.
    How do we remove it with the HxD editor?

Comment

Originally posted by bilen View Post
      How do we remove it with the HxD editor?
      By comparing a locked and unlocked file using the File-compare option "Analysis -> Data comparison -> Compare.." .Its not easy to understand at first but if you keep comparing lots of other files on the forum you`ll start to see it
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        By comparing a locked and unlocked file using the File-compare option "Analysis -> Data comparison -> Compare.." .Its not easy to understand at first but if you keep comparing lots of other files on the forum you`ll start to see it
        thanks i will try

Comment

HP Elitebook 850 G8 bios locked

hi , i need help unlocking my HP 840 G8 BIOS pls
          Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-26-2023, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ba7bou7a View Post
            Here's your Unlocked file, if the password still present upload the other chip (EC), it could be 16MB or 32MB.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
            all donations are welcome,
            see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
            >>>>>
            click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
            Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Try.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                Here's your Unlocked file, if the password still present upload the other chip (EC), it could be 16MB or 32MB.
                didn t work but thank u for trying

Comment

Originally posted by lapfix View Post
                  Try.
                  it worked thank u

Comment

Try.
                    i was able to log in to bios but if i try to reset the bios it is asking for password...since u was able to remove it from the log in screen , are you able to tell me what was it ?

thank you

Comment

As hardware mention before ; if the password still present upload the other chip (EC), it could be 16MB or 32MB.

Comment

Re: Extract bios password from EliteBook 840 G8 Bios dump, possible?

Hello.
                        I have a problem with the Elitebook 840 G8. When enabled, there is a POST Power-on Password prompt. Possibly there is also an Admin Bios password. Can anyone help get rid of the problem?

Comment

As hardware mention before ; if the password still present upload the other chip (EC), it could be 16MB or 32MB.

ok this is the two files needed , remove all passwords pls so i can reset the bios and gain full control

thank u

Comment

ok this is the two files needed , remove all passwords pls so i can reset the bios and gain full control

thank u
                            is these from diffrent laptops
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by miansh621 View Post
                              is these from diffrent laptops
                              no , same laptop but i uploaded the the original files , keep in mind that what i have in the laptop eprom 1 is modified by the pervious post which i was able to log in to bios but i couldn t reset it (still asking for password)

should i try the file u uploaded now ? or should i reprogram the original files and turn the laptop on then reupload them on the forum?

thank u for your time
                              Last edited by ba7bou7a; 01-25-2023, 08:20 AM.

Comment

no , same laptop but i uploaded the the original files , keep in mind that what i have in the laptop eprom 1 is modified by the pervious post which i was able to log in to bios but i couldn t reset it (still asking for password)

should i try the file u uploaded now ? Or should i reprogram the original files and turn the laptop on then reupload them on the forum?

Thank u for your time
                                reprogram this file u will done it

Comment

Originally posted by gerlach View Post
                                  Hello.
                                  I have a problem with the Elitebook 840 G8. When enabled, there is a POST Power-on Password prompt. Possibly there is also an Admin Bios password. Can anyone help get rid of the problem?
                                  Here are your Unlocked files, hope it works fine.
                                  Program the both chips together, in the first boot go to Bios Menu and disable security options (Default).
                                  Attached Files
                                  Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                  all donations are welcome,
                                  see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                  >>>>>
                                  click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                  Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                                    Here are your Unlocked files, hope it works fine.
                                    Program the both chips together, in the first boot go to Bios Menu and disable security options (Default).
                                    Thanks a lot. It works

Comment

Hi Everyone.

Please I need help in unlocking BIOS password for this EliteBook 840 G8. I tried the BIOS Patch but it didn't work. I wonder where the problem is now.

The patched BIOS is the current one in the BIOS chip

Thanks.

Comment

PLS HELP, ATTACHED 2 FILES, SVP AND SWAT LOCK.
                                        UNLOCK PLS

Comment

Originally posted by vignesharivuslm View Post

Pls help, attached 2 files, svp and swat lock.
                                          Unlock pls
                                          feedback

Comment

Working...
                                          X