Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inysyl View Post
    Hi,
    I am new here. I have a HP EliteBook 850 G5 with bios locked with a password and want to unlock it.
    Just trying to understand how to use this tool. What is the .bin file. How to generate that .bin file
    you need a SPI programmer..here is a video as an example..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWigscuQDY
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

SMDFlea Ah great thanks so much for the script. Will try it tomorrow. Will the change in the EC bin cause any issues with the security endpoint error? I ran into that issue and wasn't sure what to change in the Main bios to fix that.

Comment

You would need to replace VSS region with clean VSS or just unlock mpm. And after that, enter DMI in bios (SN, feature byte, mac address etc). This will get rid of endpoint error.

Comment

SMDFlea awesome. That sounds easy enough. Would MPM be unlocked by making changes in the VSS or so where else? I noticed a region in uefitool called hp_mpm. I'm curious because I have some laptops that have wrong serial number info and uuid and I haven't gotten a chance to use the DMIFIT because of mpm set to locked.

Comment

Originally posted by hypermk735 View Post
            SMDFlea awesome. That sounds easy enough. Would MPM be unlocked by making changes in the VSS or so where else? I noticed a region in uefitool called hp_mpm. I'm curious because I have some laptops that have wrong serial number info and uuid and I haven't gotten a chance to use the DMIFIT because of mpm set to locked.
            ---thumbs up

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hello guys!

I've read a lot here, but unfortunately I can't get any further. Actually I only had one problem with my BIOS, then unfortunately I destroyed two contacts when unsoldering the main chip, so I haven't found a way to read it yet.

For this reason I bought two new chips. These also work and the notebook is running again, but I have no idea how to activate MPM. Because the DMI information is incorrect and I cannot change it. When booting, the error always appears that there is a problem with the Security Device Unit.

Since I can't get to the data from the main chip or don't know whether it's possible because of the broken contacts, I only have a backup of the original EC available. I have a backup of the new bios, but I don't know if that helps.

I read something about this bin file that you copy onto a USB stick and boot from, but unfortunately this doesn't work. Then I read that you have to set the region to a valid one, but what exactly can I do to move forward?

It's about an HP Elitebook 850 G5. Have already found all the data:

Serial Number : 5CG85179YC
              Product Number : 3JX60EA
              Description : HP EliteBook 850 G5
              BID=17WWCSBT602#SABD#DABD
              3X476J6S6b7B7H7M7Q7W7m7saBaEapaqauawbUbhcAdUdpdqfAfXgdhKhkjh.ym
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Friend33; 04-19-2024, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend33 View Post
                Hello guys!

I've read a lot here, but unfortunately I can't get any further. Actually I only had one problem with my BIOS, then unfortunately I destroyed two contacts when unsoldering the main chip, so I haven't found a way to read it yet.

For this reason I bought two new chips. These also work and the notebook is running again, but I have no idea how to activate MPM. Because the DMI information is incorrect and I cannot change it. When booting, the error always appears that there is a problem with the Security Device Unit.

Since I can't get to the data from the main chip or don't know whether it's possible because of the broken contacts, I only have a backup of the original EC available. I have a backup of the new bios, but I don't know if that helps.

I read something about this bin file that you copy onto a USB stick and boot from, but unfortunately this doesn't work. Then I read that you have to set the region to a valid one, but what exactly can I do to move forward?

It's about an HP Elitebook 850 G5. Have already found all the data:

Serial Number : 5CG85179YC
                Product Number : 3JX60EA
                Description : HP EliteBook 850 G5
                BID=17WWCSBT602#SABD#DABD
                3X476J6S6b7B7H7M7Q7W7m7saBaEapaqauawbUbhcAdUdpdqfAfXgdhKhkjh.ym
                try to write DMI data with this..
                https://ftp.ext.hp.com/pub/caps-soft...it/HP_BCU.html
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Originally posted by peste View Post
                  I've already tested this, but the setting is already set to "Lock" so I can only change the asset number. Serial numbers etc. are not taken over.

Comment

I've already tested this, but the setting is already set to "Lock" so I can only change the asset number. Serial numbers etc. are not taken over.
                    HP EliteBook 850 G5 Notebook PC
                    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post

HP EliteBook 850 G5 Notebook PC
                      I flashed the file. Unfortunately now only the fan turns on and Power and F11 light up. Only black screen and no boot.

However, I have to admit that before I saw your post, I tried a bios update, but that didn't change anything. I uploaded your file immediately afterwards. Is it possible that the EC chip now also needs to be reloaded?

Comment

I flashed the file. Unfortunately now only the fan turns on and Power and F11 light up. Only black screen and no boot.

However, I have to admit that before I saw your post, I tried a bios update, but that didn't change anything. I uploaded your file immediately afterwards. Is it possible that the EC chip now also needs to be reloaded?
                        Here you are
                        Attached Files

Comment

Here you are
                          Unfortunately no real change. Power lights up. The fan turns on fully and now the button next to F12 lights up. No picture. No boot. What could be the problem? Before everything worked, only the boot error occurred and the DMI information was incorrect. Now nothing works.

Comment

Unfortunately no real change. Power lights up. The fan turns on fully and now the button next to F12 lights up. No picture. No boot. What could be the problem? Before everything worked, only the boot error occurred and the DMI information was incorrect. Now nothing works.
                            Here
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here
                              Fan rotates and F11 lights up. I don't understand that. The last thing I did when the laptop was still running was to update the bios to the latest version. Is it possible that some controllers aren't working with your files?

Comment

Fan rotates and F11 lights up. I don't understand that. The last thing I did when the laptop was still running was to update the bios to the latest version. Is it possible that some controllers aren't working with your files?
                                Carefully check the bios chip area, especially the small components around the bios chip pin.

Comment

Carefully check the bios chip area, especially the small components around the bios chip pin.
                                  I think my motherboard is broken. I soldered all the pins again. The notebook no longer wants to start.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

No longer starting just look for an unsoldered pad or a short around the IC

Comment

Originally posted by ymifdal View Post
                                      No longer starting just look for an unsoldered pad or a short around the IC

Okay, I'll check it out. Actually not much can have changed because I always read and write with a pogo probe. So at the moment the laptop starts up without a picture and only the fan is running and a lamp is on, even without RAM and SSD no beep code. I'll check it again and report back. I thank you all!

Comment

Hi all !

This is my first post, thanks a lot for all your work.

I'm trying to unlock a 840 G6 with 2 chips, a winbond W25Q128 and a MX25L256.

For the moment i just dumped bin of the winbond but i've searched a lot between this thread and the HPunlocker one and it appears this model is quite recent, i have to unlock both chip in RCUnlocker ?

Can I do it all by myself or must i post both bins here because of this model ? i'm not sure

Thanks again for your help...

Comment

Working...
                                        X