Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HP 9470m: Product Information not valid> System is locked asks for BIOS password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP 9470m: Product Information not valid> System is locked asks for BIOS password

attchments.
    also applied hpunlocker and I think Spare key, 1 bios user and passwords have been deleted.
    I'll try this unlocked one and see how it goes
    Last edited by qrwvsofnbvsidof; 05-03-2021, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Re: HP 9470m: Product Information not valid> System is locked asks for BIOS password

It's working. I can get to bios without any pw.

but I can't find any other users that successfully updated mainboard info with HP DMI Tool.
      I'll try the latest version

Sorry for the numerous responses, but maybe this will help other users with the same notebook
      Last edited by qrwvsofnbvsidof; 05-03-2021, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Seems like the easier part it's the hardest part
        I've followed this youtube video linked here:
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...&postcount=137
        but the modification to the bios don't take effect.
        It says "success" but when I reboot it's always the same ad the MPM is always on "lock"
        For the same reason I cannot apply any modification through Windows DMI Firmware Interface Tool (WNDMIFIT) as the commit button is not clickable.
        (I read that HP business notebooks made after 2011 must use the WNDMIFIT tool to update DMI information.)

Made also a bootable usb but it gives me an error and reboot :\

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
          Try this bios. You will have to add your DMI info yourself

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...2&d=1553966860

at the end I used this one.
          I couldn't get rid of the "product not valid" error at the beginning.
          I am still not able to add my DMI info but at least I don't have any error at the boot

Anyway I discovered a wonderful thing for the re-use of this mainboard:
          The mainboard plugged into the original docking station will work alone, this means that it won't need none of the below:
          - keyboard
          - monitor
          - mouse/trackpad
          - speakers
          - smart card module
          - power cable
          - battery
          And best of all: it will display the boot/bios to the external monitor!!
          So I'm going to build a mini desktop or an all in one with this spare parts
          Last edited by qrwvsofnbvsidof; 05-07-2021, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X