Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlock Lenovo with "dual" chip.

Hello!

Sometimes I see a Lenovo laptop with two BIOS chips like the T430. One is 8MB and the other is 4MB. The autopatcher for this BIOS cannot create a patched file with which I can unlock the BIOS. I also tried to merge the two files, but then it doesn't work either.

T430 is just an example. , I come across several such laptops. How could these be unlocked?

Re: Unlock Lenovo with "dual" chip.

The password in chip 24RF08/P24s08.
    Attached Files

Comment

Patch method is supported from T440 so you are messing with the wrong problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghamidi View Post
        The password in chip 24RF08/P24s08.
        Flash this bin file and bios has unlocked? For other laptops, how can I make such a bin file?

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
        Patch method is supported from T440 so you are messing with the wrong problem.
        The T440 has 1 chip(16MB) if I remember correctly what the Lenovo autopatcher can patch. I'm still a beginner, I only know this method.

Comment

Originally posted by Gripen View Post
          Flash this bin file and bios has unlocked? For other laptops, how can I make such a bin file?

The T440 has 1 chip(16MB) if I remember correctly what the Lenovo autopatcher can patch. I'm still a beginner, I only know this method.
          flash with this file and your laptop is unlocked 😃

Comment

flash with this file and your laptop is unlocked 😃
            Serial and other info is not lost? On another laptop, if I read this chip, how can I clear the password?

Comment

Serial and other info is not lost? On another laptop, if I read this chip, how can I clear the password?
              Upload your backup for chip 24RF08/P24s08

Comment

Upload your backup for chip 24RF08/P24s08
                The laptop is at work, I can't watch it now. I would like to know how to do this if I come across other such laptops so that I don't have to open a new topic for every laptop and I also want to learn.

Comment

Hello Gripen,

your statement is not fully true. To be more precise:
                  There are 8 MB BIOSes AND 16 MB BIOSes on T440 models:

Check this:

8MB:
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80378
                  LenovoThinkPad T440 NM-A102.rar

i have one myself in a Winbond W25Q64FVSIQ chip (VIVLO NM-A102 Rev 1.0 board) where "64" means 64 MBit which equals 8MByte.

By the way lenovo_autopatcher can handle both, i tried it.

Comment

this is my backup for chip 24RF08/P24s08 it is password locked
                    if i use the public bin that is available in laboneinside i will get access to bios but i will have the 0189 error RFID misconfiguration
                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-23-2021, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by battery.12v View Post
                      if i use the public bin that is available in laboneinside i will get access to bios but i will have the 0189 error RFID misconfiguration
                      You started a new thread about the same thing yesterday. Why post again ? . Bump your other thread up.Double posting is annoying and it wastes members time.
                      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by battery.12v View Post
                        Do the tweezers short method on the 24RF08, you can find it on YouTube. It's tricky but it is known working if you do it right, I've unlocked a few myself.
                        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                          You started a new thread about the same thing yesterday. Why post again ? . Bump your other thread up.Double posting is annoying and it wastes members time.
                          Im really sorry

Comment

Working...
                          X