Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Omen 17-w010ca BIOS

Hi there,
    I got this HP Omen 17-w010ca laptop completely dead (no light on DC-in led).The BIOS chip has some scratches on the pins (my guess is somebody tried to re-program using a SOIC-8 clip)...however, I backed-up the existing file. Downloaded the newest BIOS file from HP web (sp106009), and noticed 6 different files (0820D.bin ...08294.bin). Now do I have to try all of them ? The motherboard is DAG37AMB8D0 rev: D . Thanks again!

Re: HP Omen 17-w010ca BIOS

No, you need to check $bid number in your backed bios and flash the same. However, since you are saying, it came from a prior service attempt, may be wrong bid is flashed. So check accordingly.

Comment

The 17-w010ca spec page lists your CPU as a i7-6700HQ ,its Skylake H ,so that cuts your options down to 3 .

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72828

BID0820D SKYLAKE H

BID0825F SKYLAKE H

BID08294 SKYLAKE H

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05333486
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks guys, ..I opened the backed-up dump file with HxD and $BID found 0820D. Erased and wrote the BIOS chip with the latest file ... but same result !!!. Same thing with 0825F and 08294.bin !
        Question: should I re-flash back to the old bin file? Probably I will start a new post related to troubleshooting this motherboard ( doing some voltage measurements at PU1001 IC charger)

Comment

As youve flashed a new bios with clean ME its now married to the PCH. If you flash the old bios back thats already initialised (dirty) it would either not boot,boot to black screen,run slow and shut down after 30 minutes. We can assume for now that 0820D is the original so flash the virgin 0820D bios back and do further troubleshooting.If you fix the problem then you`d need to re-enter the DMI info ,or just clean the original bios ME and flash it back. That would save you having to re-enter the DMI
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

OK got it! Just re-flashed to virgin (latest 0820D.bin from HP) ... before doing any repairs, personally I want to have some history ...that will help to find the defect faster ! Thanks again SMDFlea !

Comment

Hi, could you share your bios?

Comment

Originally posted by jopekgsm View Post
                Hi, could you share your bios?
                post the backup of the bios
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

hi DAG37AMB8D0REV D UMA BİOS NEED

Comment

Originally posted by Mcfalsi View Post
                    hi DAG37AMB8D0REV D UMA BİOS NEED

If your asking for a different one to the model in the thread topic "17-w010ca" start your own thread.You should know what to do by now, you come here often enough.If you have a bios backup check the bid number with a hex editor,its very easy to do.Find the bios at the HP support site by entering the serial number,or laptop model number.Run the exe and choose "save to location" ,all the bios (there could be more than one in the exe) will be extracted to the location/folder you chose.Checkthe extracted bios file names for example 0820D ,then use the hex editors text search function and look for 0820D ,or all the other file names to find your BID

Comment

Working...
                    X