X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: T470 bios needed

Originally posted by ricka2021 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I have Lenovo T470 after bios update, now still boot up but ME version on bios blank and can't shuts down the laptop properly, when shuts down power button led keep flashing yellow and has to force shuts down it. I tried to update the bios still same issue, can someone please help me fix the corrupted bios? I attached this bios dump file.
    Thanks
    T470 - Type 20JN
    Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by valerix9898 View Post
      okey so how i understand when im using that patcher and flash with new bios file its always stuck on lenovo logo . when i flash bios with password then its works without problems . it can be problem in another bios chip ? there is 2 bios chips . first one u15 and another u49 .
      Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
        T470 - Type 20JN
        Thank you,
        I tried it, but now the laptop has power but no video or boot up.

Comment

Originally posted by ricka2021 View Post
          Thank you,
          I tried it, but now the laptop has power but no video or boot up.
          Check to see if you have lost any small components around the bios chip (eg capacitors or resistors).

Comment

I have a T470. The Bios is corrupted. It starts, i see logo and then it show the normal screen that there is no system on hard drive.
            But when i press F1 to go to bios, the screen is black. I cant go to bios.

Hope you guys can help.
            Attached Files

Comment

hello , please help this bk have computrace, any can helpme to remove please. thanks you
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ravenmx View Post
                hello , please help this bk have computrace, any can helpme to remove please. thanks you
                try and give reply
                Attached Files
                Kill the state in yourself and you will be free like a wind...

Comment

Originally posted by mazoot View Post
                  try and give reply
                  power on but only stay on entering setup ..... and blocked on lenovo logo.. sr

Comment

Originally posted by mazoot View Post
                    try and give reply
                    how i can patch it sr?

Comment

hello,
                      i try to unlock bios with patcher, but now i cant enter bios. its just blank screen when i enter bios. can you help fix my bios ?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I got my t470 20HE corrupted in a bad flash (no boot).
                          The winbond is a 25Q80JV 8Mb chip, but all I see here is 16Mb files for this bios.

I used Neo programmer and a ch341 to read the bios.

Am i missing something?

is there a way to extract a bin file from a bios update?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jetro007 View Post
                            The winbond is a 25Q80JV 8Mb chip, but all I see here is 16Mb files for this bios.

Am i missing something?

101.4 KB is far away from a good read. Try again be more careful.
                            Use NeoProgrammer V2.2.0.10

Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Am i missing something?

"25Q80JV" size is (1MB/8Mbit/1024KB) and it's a Wrong chip, search for another chip on the Motherboard (Both sides).
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                              all donations are welcome,
                              see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                              >>>>>
                              click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                              Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I found an other one ; 25Q128FVSQ
                                seems to be the right size, but the read freezes (neo 2.2.0.10)

Current programmer: CH341 Black
                                SPI ID: EF4018
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Currently selected: W25Q128FV [3.3V] 128 Mbits, 16 Mbytes
                                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm reading on board, the chip gets detected

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                                  "25Q80JV" size is (1MB/8Mbit/1024KB) and it's a Wrong chip, search for another chip on the Motherboard (Both sides).
                                  25Q80JV is the most famous spi chip around here.
                                  I don't understand why rookies likes him the most, probably because of the number 80 on the marking.

Edit:
                                  I found an other one ; 25Q128FVSQ
                                  seems to be the right size, but the read freezes (neo 2.2.0.10)
                                  Yes it is, that's the right one. Are you using a clip to read the chip?

Last edited by Vesko356; 05-05-2023, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                    I don't understand why rookies likes him the most, probably because of the number 80 on the marking.
                                    They probably assume it will be 8MB. Also sometimes it has the same package as the BIOS chip (SOP8/SOIC8).
                                    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                    all donations are welcome,
                                    see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                    >>>>>
                                    click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                    Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Edit:

Yes it is, that's the right one. Are you using a clip to read the chip?

Yep, the full aliexpress package.
                                      Freezes sometimes in the beginning, sometimes halfway.

desolder?

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                                        They probably assume it will be 8MB. Also sometimes it has the same package as the BIOS chip (SOP8/SOIC8).
                                        Yep, I bet that's exactly why.
                                        Maybe it's time to put in my signature - "Do not touch the 25Q80xxxx chip"

Edit:
                                        desolder?
                                        Absolutely.

Last edited by Vesko356; 06-22-2023, 01:24 AM.

Comment

Yep, I bet that's exactly why.
                                          Maybe it's time to put in my signature - "Do not touch the 25Q80JV chip"

it was sitting next to the cmos battery, smiling at me
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X