T470 bios needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: T470 bios needed

THANKS. but i have one stupid question . mine bios file is 16mb but those have 8 mb . why?

Comment

Originally posted by valerix9898 View Post
      THANKS. but i have one stupid question . mine bios file is 16mb but those have 8 mb . why?
      Which file do you mean? Each model has a different bios file, some 8MB, some 12MB, 16MB, 24MB, 32MB, 64MB...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

i just checked everywhere and find 8mb bios files . i have 16mb . i know so would be great if you would help to unlock it . tried that patch and its not working for me on my laptop idk why

Comment

i just checked everywhere and find 8mb bios files . i have 16mb . i know so would be great if you would help to unlock it . tried that patch and its not working for me on my laptop idk why
          Try your own file ...
          Attached Files

Comment

now laptop only spin fan for sec and wont boot .thats all

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
              Try your own file ...
              Strange thing i tried to flash that bios what you corrected for me . It didn't work , laptop was spin fan for one sec and thats all . No lights or anything . Now i was think okey i will flash back old bios but have same thing . Do you know what can be wrong ? Maybe im doing something wrong ? Or i saved backup and it was not full ? Thing is that i checked many times bios dump and looks like its ok and file size as well is same as should be . Hope you can help me with that !

Comment

Strange thing i tried to flash that bios what you corrected for me . It didn't work , laptop was spin fan for one sec and thats all . No lights or anything . Now i was think okey i will flash back old bios but have same thing . Do you know what can be wrong ? Maybe im doing something wrong ? Or i saved backup and it was not full ? Thing is that i checked many times bios dump and looks like its ok and file size as well is same as should be . Hope you can help me with that !
                Post your serial number, T470S have no type 20HD.
                Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Sorry that was my mistake . Its t470 20hd . I have 3 of them with bit different models when was doing backup just write t470s by mistake

Comment

Sorry that was my mistake . Its t470 20hd . I have 3 of them with bit different models when was doing backup just write t470s by mistake
                    Flash this file to see if your device will work again or have additional damage.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello, I don't think the BIOS is the problem, just like every newer Lenovo, the capacitors and resistors are very close to the chip.

We don't know how the BIOS was read out with a clip or by de soldering the chip.

The experienced users in this forum will de solder all the chips in order not to damage anything.

With the clip, resistors are all too likely to be damaged and then nothing works anymore.

See also the two sample images.
                      Attached Files

Comment

It was soldered out to program. I will have a look if there is any moved components. Thanks for advice

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                          Flash this file to see if your device will work again or have additional damage.
                          I will be back home after work and will try to flash . And thanks for your help .

Comment

So thank you guys for help . Really happy with that. I checked all morning mb on google with pictures and find there was missing one resistor next to bios . So now laptop works just need try to flash another bios to get rid of password, hope i will get it sorted. Sorry guys i know im new , have skills to solder but im not programming that much and it’s something new for me .

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
                              Hello, I don't think the BIOS is the problem, just like every newer Lenovo, the capacitors and resistors are very close to the chip.

We don't know how the BIOS was read out with a clip or by de soldering the chip.

The experienced users in this forum will de solder all the chips in order not to damage anything.

With the clip, resistors are all too likely to be damaged and then nothing works anymore.

See also the two sample images.
                              so laptop starts but stucks on lenovo logo

Comment

that bios what you gave me is with password .

Comment

Of course, reuse the patch file to unlock.
                                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87588

Comment

Hello just for understanding in no ThinkPad BIOS is stored a password can always be found in the MEC chip.

Comment

hello. thanks. yea already reeded that in this forum . anyway thanks for info

Comment

Hi everyone,
                                        I have Lenovo T470 after bios update, now still boot up but ME version on bios blank and can't shuts down the laptop properly, when shuts down power button led keep flashing yellow and has to force shuts down it. I tried to update the bios still same issue, can someone please help me fix the corrupted bios? I attached this bios dump file.
                                        Thanks
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Of course, reuse the patch file to unlock.
                                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=87588
                                          okey so how i understand when im using that patcher and flash with new bios file its always stuck on lenovo logo . when i flash bios with password then its works without problems . it can be problem in another bios chip ? there is 2 bios chips . first one u15 and another u49 .

Comment

Working...
                                          X