LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post

Hello have you try this file me be it helps ...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...72#post1606172
    I tried this dump but no screen!!

Comment

Hi,
      I successfully removed BIOS password from Lenovo thinkpad t480.
      But now I'm unable to boot Windows from USB drive.

Is there any issue from BIOS side..?

Thanks

Comment

hi, there
        the auto patcher will not currently work with a t490 or above because of the mec chip, other solutions exist and must be used.

Comment

I'm just wondering
          Is this method of removing Supervisor Password create any Issue in Booting Process (from a USB) ..?

Comment

I'm just wondering
            Is this method of removing Supervisor Password create any Issue in Booting Process (from a USB) ..?

Comment

• Vesko356
              Vesko356 commented
              Editing a comment
              No, it doesn't create such problems.

Originally posted by pdblues2231 View Post
            hi, there
            the auto patcher will not currently work with a t490 or above because of the mec chip, other solutions exist and must be used.
            When I saw "up to 8th gen" I thought that meant the 8th gen intels. It looks like the flashers for the T490 solution are a bit more expensive. Do the mobos on the T490 with the 8th gen processor use the chips I can flash with this tool, or do I need to go find the T490 method?

Comment

great
              where is the files to download?

Comment

Anyone tried this method of BIOS Password Removal on Lenovo thinkpad t580..?

Comment

Originally posted by Obaid ur Rehman View Post
                Anyone tried this method of BIOS Password Removal on Lenovo thinkpad t580..?
                RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...before-posting

You MUST:
                • Use search function in case someone already answered your request
                Use the search engine before asking questions please!
                Some search results within this thread especially for you:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...08#post1556208
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...72#post1781772
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...23#post1795023
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...52#post1809652
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                Become a Badcaps supporter
                >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                Thanks to all supporters.โ€‹
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Hi

Tried on t480. Files patched but no display any solution.

Comment

Originally posted by chanavs View Post
                    Hi

i've tried yesterday on t480 and worked fine
                    Some models have a back cover sensor "switch" and gives you a beeps with no display after flashing
                    You should to put the back cover to get a display

Comment

OMG! @Knucklegrumble thank you so much for your help!

Because of you, I was able to remove the BIOS password on my Lenovo T440P.

I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly.

I used the common CH341A MiniProgrammer with the clamp tool and it worked a treat!

I did have one little issue that I'll like to make others aware if they come across this issue:
                      • After I received the PATCHED file (using the AutoPatcher file @Knucklegrumble provided) I erased the original data on the BIOS chip and programmed it with the 'PATCHED' BIN file.
                      • After it was programmed I turned the laptop on and followed (Step 3-6) which worked flawlessly.
                      • However when I went back to programing the original BIN file I had saved, it wasn't verifying - giving errors
                      • Failing that, I still went to see if the laptop would turn on - it wasn't was beeping 5 times pause and then beeped 5 times again.
                      • I then went back onto connecting the programmer onto the chip and erased all the data it had.
                      • I then verified the erased data - passed
                      • I then opened the original BIN folder I had saved and programed it again
                      • The data was programmed
                      • I then did another verification test, and thankfully! It passed with no faults this time.
                      • Booted the laptop again and BOOM! it was back to being alive with no more BIOS password.
                      Really hope this can help anyone if they ever come across what I had.

Again, I can't thank the community enough for this.

I'll be sure to help out others if they experience issues while undertaking this job.

Many thanks,

Haidhur

Comment

Originally posted by chanavs View Post
                        Hi

Hi mate, have you tried verifying the BIN data that you have on the Chip?

Make sure it gives no errors

Be sure to let me know

Comment

I patched 2 T440 and it worked flawlessly. I can confirm, it does work on Fedora 39 with Python 3.12.1 with ch341a_spi.
                          Make sure you do 'chmod 777 tools/UEFIReplace' as root, otherwise you get an error from Python.
                          The 2*5 beep and checksum error upon boot you eliminate by setting the BIOS to the defaults. For that i had to press F1 to get instantly to the settings, even though this option is not to be seen on the Lenovo POST. At least in my case. I even had to reboot a few times, because it froze. If you are asked to type in a SVP (supervisor password), really type something random in and press ENTER. I did not work for me to leave it blank. After that you are asked to press SPACE two times and turn it off.
                          Also, don't forget to remove the HDD during the whole procedure. I also disconnected the CMOS battery.
                          I put the autopatcher in the attachments for those where the file does not appear in the first post.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pep2923 View Post
                            I patched 2 T440 and it worked flawlessly. I can confirm, it does work on Fedora 39 with Python 3.12.1 with ch341a_spi.
                            Make sure you do 'chmod 777 tools/UEFIReplace' as root, otherwise you get an error from Python.
                            The 2*5 beep and checksum error upon boot you eliminate by setting the BIOS to the defaults. For that i had to press F1 to get instantly to the settings, even though this option is not to be seen on the Lenovo POST. At least in my case. I even had to reboot a few times, because it froze. If you are asked to type in a SVP (supervisor password), really type something random in and press ENTER. I did not work for me to leave it blank. After that you are asked to press SPACE two times and turn it off.
                            Also, don't forget to remove the HDD during the whole procedure. I also disconnected the CMOS battery.
                            I put the autopatcher in the attachments for those where the file does not appear in the first post.
                            Thank you very much for the autopatcher attachment.
                            Yes for some reason the autopatcher is not visible on the first post

Comment

Hi guys,

Iยดve an T480 and forgotten the SVP. I bought a CH341A programmer and was able to read the BIOS chip. (see attached file).
                              At the point with python I struggled a bit and so Iยดm not sure, If the patched file is correct.
                              Could someone take a look at it and could give me a helping hand?

Original dump and patched dump is attached.

Type: 20L5-0063GE
                              S/N: PF-1HZRLK 18/12
                              Bios Winbond 25Q128JV
                              Bord # ET480 NM-B501 Rev 1.0 2018-03-05

Thanks a lot
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by melchor0815 View Post
                                Hi guys,

Iยดve an T480 and forgotten the SVP. I bought a CH341A programmer and was able to read the BIOS chip. (see attached file).
                                At the point with python I struggled a bit and so Iยดm not sure, If the patched file is correct.
                                Could someone take a look at it and could give me a helping hand?

Original dump and patched dump is attached.

Type: 20L5-0063GE
                                S/N: PF-1HZRLK 18/12
                                Bios Winbond 25Q128JV
                                Bord # ET480 NM-B501 Rev 1.0 2018-03-05

Thanks a lot
                                Try
                                Attached Files

Comment

Ok
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Big THANKS to you.
                                    You made my day kordex35 and cristiannec

Everything worked and now I can change my settings. Great job.

๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Comment

Worked flawlessly on T640p, MB: BT463 NS-A611, rev. 1.0, BIOS IC: MXIC MX25L12873F with CH341A and Siberia programming software.
                                      Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
                                      X