Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by speeedh View Post
    It worked perfectly for lenovo Thinkpad x240.
    Thank you ����
    Hi, how did you solve the problem of the black screen? I find myself in the same situation and I can't resolve

Comment

what to do when you don't have the supervisor password, and you get error 0183? model T490..

*** As I said, I don't have the supervisor password***
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by alexandrebrigues View Post
        what to do when you don't have the supervisor password, and you get error 0183? model T490..

*** As I said, I don't have the supervisor password***
        How about Press F1, change some setting in BIOS and save/reset?
        also set the correct date and time.

Comment

Hi everyone !

Can someone patch my L380 bios. I can not run patcher on my pc. Thanks alot
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by norgefinner99 View Post
            Hi everyone !

Can someone patch my L380 bios. I can not run patcher on my pc. Thanks alot
            Hello try this file ...

Good luck ...
            Attached Files

Comment

still password :/ someone is tell me to flash ec chips but i can not find it on motherboard

Comment

Hi, i need a little help here. I have a P52 with a SVP. I have worked with the autopatcher before and made sure i have a valid dump.

In my first attempt i patched the dump and flashed it onto the CMOS. But all i got was a black screen and an error-melody after about one minute of waiting.

Then i read that i might need to clean the ME part of the bios. I followed the instructions on level1techs to clean the ME and patched the cleaned bios afterwards. But i had no luck with the cleaned+patched bios. The P52 was completly dead.

Maybe i made a mistake while cleaning the ME. Can someone clean (+patch) the attached dump?
                Thanks in advance
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Nuriax View Post
                  Hi, i need a little help here. I have a P52 with a SVP. I have worked with the autopatcher before and made sure i have a valid dump.

In my first attempt i patched the dump and flashed it onto the CMOS. But all i got was a black screen and an error-melody after about one minute of waiting.

Then i read that i might need to clean the ME part of the bios. I followed the instructions on level1techs to clean the ME and patched the cleaned bios afterwards. But i had no luck with the cleaned+patched bios. The P52 was completly dead.

Maybe i made a mistake while cleaning the ME. Can someone clean (+patch) the attached dump?
                  Thanks in advance
                  Hello try this me clean from your original Backup ...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Markus1741 View Post
                    Hello try this me clean from your original Backup ...
                    Thank you, but it didn't work. Again the error-melody. Does anyone has an idea what could be the problem. It seems others were able to unlock the p52 with 32m bios.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuriax View Post
                      Thank you, but it didn't work. Again the error-melody. Does anyone has an idea what could be the problem. It seems others were able to unlock the p52 with 32m bios.
                      Hello, I generally do it by removing the CMOS battery and before I start a

newly installed patch, I delete the NVRAM by short-circuiting the two pins of the

CMOS battery for a few seconds, so all capacitors and controllers are

discharged.

Just so my opinion has been very much preserved.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Newbie here....

1) How to do the BIOS dump and flash? Which software tool can be used for Lenovo laptop T480 BIOS?

2) A little confused about "Restore original BIOS". It means to restore the BIOS I dumped or need to download the original T480 BIOS from somewhere and restore/flash?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by feb1234 View Post
                          Newbie here....

1) How to do the BIOS dump and flash? Which software tool can be used for Lenovo laptop T480 BIOS?
                          RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103526

Common SPI bios chip programming Questions and Answers
                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=98665

2) A little confused about "Restore original BIOS". It means to restore the BIOS I dumped...
                          Yes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                          Become a Badcaps supporter
                          >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                          Thanks to all supporters.​
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

I know how to use the auto patcher software, my question is? is there anyway to decrypt the password out of a Yoga 370 bios dump, my only reason for asking is because i have about 100 of these all from the same company and probably all with the same password. Dump file is attached.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cod king View Post
                              I know how to use the auto patcher software, my question is? is there anyway to decrypt the password out of a Yoga 370 bios dump, my only reason for asking is because i have about 100 of these all from the same company and probably all with the same password. Dump file is attached.
                              Is this the same company that you got those HP`s from ? .Have you tried contacting their IT department and asking them for the passwords,you never know you might be lucky.
                              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                Is this the same company that you got those HP`s from ? .Have you tried contacting their IT department and asking them for the passwords,you never know you might be lucky.
                                Its not the same company where we got the HP's from. Unfortunately some of the companies we work with wont give us the password. We are an ITAD company who recycle laptops and computing equipment.

Comment

Thanks @Vesko356.

Newbie updates:

1) How to dump the BIOS: need to get the Intel FPT (Flash Programming Tool). The Lenovo WinFlash can only update the BIOS, not for dumping. I found the Intel FPT from GitHub. Then run from the laptop CMD: FPTW64.exe -BIOS -D T480.bin

2) How to verify the BIOS dump: run from the laptop CMD: FPTW64.exe -BIOS -VERIFY T480.bin

3) How to patch: run the CMD: autopatch.cmd T480.bin
                                  Got the Good Luck message and patched bin file

4) How to flash and replace the current BIOS with the generated patch file: I plan to use the CMD command: FPTW64.exe -BIOS -F T480_PATCHED.bin

Need to help on this step 4: is this step/command correct?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Thanks @Vesko356.

Newbie updates:

1) How to dump the BIOS: need to get the Intel FPT
                                    Forget about all this useless exercise, and forget about any software method - not going to happen this (lazy) way. You need a bios programmer. Period.
                                    Dump the bios, read post #1 and follow all how to instructions to do it.

All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                    Become a Badcaps supporter
                                    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                    Thanks to all supporters.​
                                    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Thanks @Vesko356 again

Now back to question zero: which one is the BIOS chip? I found there is 8-pin Winbond 25Q80DVSIG chip (at U15) near the C-MOS battery and 8-pin MXIC MX25L12873F at U49. Which one we need to work on (dump, patch and flash)?

Thanks
                                      Last edited by feb1234; 07-12-2023, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks @Vesko356 again

Now back to question zero: which one is the BIOS chip? I found there is 8-pin Winbond 25Q80DVSIG chip (at U15) near the C-MOS battery and 8-pin MXIC MX25L12873F at U49. Which one we need to work on (dump, patch and flash)?

Thanks
                                        Hello you need this one near the ram slot MXIC MX25L12873F at U49

it must be a 16,8 MB file. good luck ...

Comment

Thanks @Markus17411... Ordering CH341 with adapter for the chip.

Comment

Working...
                                          X