X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by robagp View Post
    Hello,

I ordered the programmer, and try to prepare.
    - I cannot found bios.bin file on lenovo site.

The contents of the files is not the same but it is very similar."n, before continuing with the PART 3, please check the content of the backup file.

If it is not the same how should I know is it good or not?

[/url]
    I understand you can use 7zip app to extract from exe. Somebody else who has knowledge will help you more. I think you tube vid for repairing bios on w541 explains. EDIT: W540.. not W541.

As i understand, the files need to be identical to be sure you wont brick.This is the reason you verify.
    Keep reading & adjusting connections until you get the identical files. I am very new and I got many problems and differences. I tried clip and i wish i had never tried. Best to desolder and read if you can then you know you have good connection. I used ezp2019 programmer. I found reducing speed to 3Mhz gave most stable results. With desolder and 3Mhz i get 100% verify 100% time.

Did you check USB and try boot from USB in a different computer too?

Comment

Originally posted by robagp View Post
      Hello...
      The link provided is a general example/guide of how to use a programmer for beginners. You can google for some other tutorials and/or videos.

You started to get off-topic here, the subject of this thread is not intended to be about how to properly use a programmer for newbies.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.​
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

This method of resetting the BIOS works like a charm on my Lenovo T440 VIVLO NM-A102 REV:1.0 equiped with a Winbond W25Q128FVSQ chip. Thanks a lot for the marvelous job!

Comment

Hello, I tried auto-patcher for my x260 but i get black screen on patched bios, power button and fan starts for 1sec and than turns off, can someone help me? Original dump in attachment
          Attached Files

Comment

this one Thinkpad P1 laptop bios password
            8th gen processor it has mec1653

patched the bios but only music and no display
            Attached Files

Comment

its not working with lenovo x390 (25l8006e 12g) chip every time i want to pach is closing it cant make pach is i5 8th lenovo

Comment

Originally posted by micoaudi View Post
                its not working with lenovo x390 (25l8006e 12g) chip every time i want to pach is closing it cant make pach is i5 8th lenovo
                There's no point of trying to patch the dump. ThinkPad x390 and Yoga x390 can NOT be unlocked by patching the bios with the Auto-patcher.
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=91125

Comment

I need thinkpad maintenance utilities V2.01 and hope someone can help me. I learned that the tool also has a hidden function 5-clear PWD in our thinkpad maintenance utilities V1.11 old version of option 5 is directly blank, or someone can study to turn on this hidden advanced function, This will bring a breakthrough in unlocking the BIOS lock! Thanks in advance to the engineers who worked so hard!
                  Attached Files

Comment

solution to the problem, it turns out that when installing Python, the PATH option should be checked, which is unchecked by default

Comment

Lenovo L380 supervisor password remove done

Comment

guys my pyth version damaged could any one help
                        Lenovo A475
                        SVP Password
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by corona100; 08-08-2023, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by corona100 View Post
                          guys my pyth version damaged could any one help
                          Add full laptop model number and issue description - SVP password, Computrace enabled or both...

Comment

Originally posted by wuyaping View Post
                            I need thinkpad maintenance utilities V2.01 and hope someone can help me. I learned that the tool also has a hidden function 5-clear PWD in our thinkpad maintenance utilities V1.11 old version of option 5 is directly blank, or someone can study to turn on this hidden advanced function, This will bring a breakthrough in unlocking the BIOS lock! Thanks in advance to the engineers who worked so hard!

Most likely it doesn't really matter if it's V2.01 or not. You wont see those options anyway. I guess you need to press a certain key combination to make them available.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I have also had this speculation, but there has been no progress

As far as I know, their laptops will open the bottom cover when using this program
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-09-2023, 02:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
                                Most likely it doesn't really matter if it's V2.01 or not. You wont see those options anyway. I guess you need to press a certain key combination to make them available.
                                thanks for the news, the soldering is over for me thanks to you.

Comment

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X12 Detachable, can I remove supervisor password?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post
                                    thanks for the news, the soldering is over for me thanks to you.
                                    May I ask if you have succeeded? Can you share your success stories

Comment

this is lenovo p1 gen 1
                                      its has password
                                      after patching it gives only beeps and no display
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wuyaping View Post
                                        May I ask if you have succeeded? Can you share your success stories

I have successfully unlocked the password on various models with the floppy and without soldering.

So far successful on:
                                        X250, X260, X280
                                        L560
                                        T470P, T470s
                                        X1 Gen6 and P52s.
                                        even on T14S

I have other models to test yet and some research to do on this subject before sharing.

Some PC's do not work because to the bios configuration

edit :Work too on old generation of lenovo ex: X230
                                        Last edited by Maxpower3; 08-10-2023, 04:18 AM.

Comment

I will use the SUCCESSOR programmer to read and write MEC1663 to unlock the SUCCESSOR of Lenovo's 8th generation cpu, but MEC1503 NPCX897KA0BX cannot use the successor to read EEPROM, can you use the USB disk to unlock it?Can you give us a general idea

Comment

Working...
                                          X