• Show
Clear All

thinkpad E490S

help me to make some patcher, i try but is not working
    Attached Files

Comment

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Originally posted by wuyaping View Post
      Hello, sir! Can you share the wiring method? I can handle mec1663, but the RT809H and SUCCESSOR programmers I own cannot recognize chip IDs for MEC1503 and NPCX897KA!
      thats just for mec1663 and mec1653 sorry. i would assume for mec1503 you can just connect jtag tms tdi tdo tms and select same profile in rt809h since the datasheet shows the jtag protocol is very similar. haven't gotten in a newer machine to try yet though

Comment

Hi guys, registered here since I need some help with SVP unlocking for my friend Thinkpad P72 bought two years ago second hand and seller is vanished to ask him about the password.

I am attaching info page from bios. I can solder with tipped iron and have a CH341a but I am far from a professional in this.

Trying to go through all the post in the thread which is quite time consuming. If anyone can point me in right direction to save some time please do. Like as of now I do not even know where is efi chip is actually located on the motherboard))
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 1skra; 06-21-2023, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Hi everyone, i Have a Lenovo X270 with computrace, no passwords, I have read the bios, but im not sure how to proccede further. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by abi98 View Post
            Hi everyone, i Have a Lenovo X270 with computrace, no passwords, I have read the bios, but im not sure how to proccede further. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
            https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...postcount=1192

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
            Become a Badcaps supporter
            >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
            Thanks to all supporters.​
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Worked like a charm.

Thank you
              Attached Files

Comment

help!
                T490 file patcher

Comment

Originally posted by datlaptop View Post
                  help!
                  T490 file patcher
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...postcount=1782
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...postcount=1742
                  https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...postcount=2561

Originally posted by abi98 View Post
                  Worked like a charm.

Thank you

Comment

thanks !

Comment

Hello all, Sorry if this has already been on here 130 pages to look at.

I have updated to Windows 11 and now Auto Patcher will not work
                      its not letting me drag the bin file in to the autopatch.py.

Is there anything I can do to make this run on Windows 11 ?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan20701 View Post
                        Hello all, Sorry if this has already been on here 130 pages to look at.

I have updated to Windows 11 and now Auto Patcher will not work
                        its not letting me drag the bin file in to the autopatch.py.

Is there anything I can do to make this run on Windows 11 ?

Thank you.
                        Install Python for Windows (don't choose the latest version - for example v. 3.10.0 is OK)

Comment

I need thinkpad maintenance utilities V2.01 and hope someone can help me. I learned that the tool also has a hidden function 5-clear PWD in our thinkpad maintenance utilities V1.11 old version of option 5 is directly blank, or someone can study to turn on this hidden advanced function, This will bring a breakthrough in unlocking the BIOS lock! Thanks in advance to the engineers who worked so hard!

Comment

Should this utility work with a Lenovo E50-80, or is it specific to Thinkpad models only? I tried with the BIOS from this model and got an error:

Using UEFIReplace to inject 2 DXE drivers...
                            [1/2] BootOption (GUID e0746c42-d3f9-4f8b-b211-1410957b9ff5)
                            BIOS_Original.bin is corrupted or does not contain a valid dump.
                            There was an error... Aborting.

As far as I know the BIOS image is valid - it's certainly a verified copy of what's on the chip at present. I've attached a copy for reference.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello, can you help me? Patcher don't working on my PC.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ianbak View Post
                                Should this utility work with a Lenovo E50-80, or is it specific to Thinkpad models only? I tried with the BIOS from this model and got an error:

Using UEFIReplace to inject 2 DXE drivers...
                                [1/2] BootOption (GUID e0746c42-d3f9-4f8b-b211-1410957b9ff5)
                                BIOS_Original.bin is corrupted or does not contain a valid dump.
                                There was an error... Aborting.

As far as I know the BIOS image is valid - it's certainly a verified copy of what's on the chip at present. I've attached a copy for reference.
                                Try this Password: RMEDUCATION
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                all donations are welcome,
                                see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                >>>>>
                                click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by hardware1 View Post
                                  Try this Password: RMEDUCATION
                                  That worked - thanks so much!

As soon as I saw it I realised that you were onto something - this laptop is being refurbished for charity, and a lot of our systems are donated by schools when they upgrade.

Would you mind explaining how you worked it out, so that next time I can be self-suficient?

Comment

Hallo Please help me my bios is have a password lenovo l470
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by seso1983 View Post
                                      Hallo Please help me my bios is have a password lenovo l470
                                      Read the chip again, use verification. 19.4 KB is not a good dump.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                                        Read the chip again, use verification. 19.4 KB is not a good dump.

its now
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by seso1983 View Post
                                          its now
                                          Do you speak English? The file is empty - full of FF. Do NOT upload the same file, I've said to read the chip again.

Comment

Working...
                                          X