Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

@trunguntilyou
    This is the list I use, seems like it contains most of the models compatible with the DXE driver patch solution, if it's not in the list, most likely the DXE driver patch won't work, specially if BIOS is 32MB:

Code:
    ThinkPad 13 (20GJ, 20GK, 20J1, 20J2)
    ThinkPad 25 (20K7)
    ThinkPad A485 (20MU, 20MV)
    ThinkPad Helix Gen 3

ThinkPad E14 (20RA, 20RB)
    ThinkPad E470 (20H1, 20H2)
    ThinkPad E480 (20KN, 20KQ)
    ThinkPad E485 (20KU)
    ThinkPad E490 (20N8, 20N9)
    ThinkPad E495 (20NE)
    ThinkPad E490s (20NG)
    ThinkPad E570 (20H5, 20H6)
    ThinkPad E580 (20KS, 20KT)
    ThinkPad E585 (20KV)
    ThinkPad E590 (20NB, 20NC)
    ThinkPad E595 (20NF)

ThinkPad L380 (20M5, 20M6)
    ThinkPad L380 Yoga (20M7, 20M8)
    ThinkPad L390 (20NR, 20NS) [32MB]
    ThinkPad L390 Yoga (20NT, 20NU) [32MB]
    ThinkPad L440 (20AS, 20AT)
    ThinkPad L450 (20DS, 20DT)
    ThinkPad L460 (20FU, 20FV)
    ThinkPad L470 (20JU, 20JV)
    ThinkPad L540 (20AU, 20AV)
    ThinkPad L560 (20F1, 20F2)
    ThinkPad L570 (20J8, 20J9, 20JQ, 20JR)

ThinkPad P40 Yoga (20GQ, 20GR)
    ThinkPad P50 (20EN, 20EQ)
    ThinkPad P50s (20FK, 20FL)
    Thinkpad P51 (20HH, 20HJ)
    ThinkPad P51s (20HB, 20HC, 20JY, 20K0)
    ThinkPad P52 (20M9, 20MA) [32MB]
    ThinkPad P52s (20LB, 20LC)
    ThinkPad P70 (20ER, 20ES)
    ThinkPad P72 (20MB, 20MC) [32MB]

ThinkPad T440 (20B6, 20B7)
    ThinkPad T440p (20AN, 20AW)
    ThinkPad T440s (20AQ, 20AR)
    ThinkPad T450 (20BU, 20BV, 20DJ)
    ThinkPad T450s (20BW, 20BX)
    ThinkPad T460 (20FM, 20FN)
    ThinkPad T460p (20FW, 20FX)
    ThinkPad T460s (20F9, 20FA)
    ThinkPad T470 (20HD, 20HE, 20JM, 20JN)
    ThinkPad T470p (20J6, 20J7)
    ThinkPad T470s (20HF, 20HG, 20JS, 20JT)
    ThinkPad T480 (20L5, 20L6)
    ThinkPad T480s (20L7, 20L8)
    ThinkPad T495 (20NJ, 20NK)

ThinkPad T540p (20BE, 20BF)
    ThinkPad T550 (20CJ, 20CK)
    ThinkPad T560 (20FH, 20FJ)
    ThinkPad T570 (20H9, 20HA, 20JW, 20JX)
    ThinkPad T580 (20L9, 20LA)

ThinkPad W540 (20BG, 20BH)
    ThinkPad W541 (20EF, 20EG)
    ThinkPad W550s (20E1, 20E2)

ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 2 (20A7, 20A8)
    ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 3 (20BS, 20BT)
    ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 4 (20FB, 20FC)
    ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 5 (20HQ, 20HR, 20K3, 20K4)
    ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 6 (20KH, 20KG)

ThinkPad X1 Tablet 3rd Gen (20KJ, 20KK)*

ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 1 (20FQ, 20FR)
    ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 2 (20JD, 20JE, 20JF, 20JG)
    ThinkPad X1 Yoga Gen 3 (20LD, 20LE, 20LF, 20LG)

ThinkPad X240 (20AL, 20AM)
    ThinkPad X240s (20AJ, 20AK)
    ThinkPad X250 (20CL, 20CM)
    ThinkPad X260 (20F5, 20F6)
    ThinkPad X270 (20HM, 20HN, 20K5, 20K6)
    ThinkPad X280 (20KE, 20KF)

ThinkPad Yoga 14 (20FY)
    ThinkPad Yoga 260 (20FD, 20FE, 20GS, 20GT)
    ThinkPad Yoga 370 (20JH, 20JJ, 20JK, 20JL)
    ThinkPad Yoga 460 (20EL, 20EM)
    ThinkPad Yoga X380 (20LH, 20LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
      @trunguntilyou
      This is the list I use
      I understand thank you very much
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-09-2023, 01:42 AM.

Comment

@trunguntilyou
        I've just checked your ThinkPad BIOS file, it's 32MB and just to make sure I do a search for Unicode string "self-healing", I do find 2 matches on each of 2 files, both of these two files are the same one, maybe different versions, but as far as I know the first one is a backup and the second one is from the running BIOS.

Comment

@trunguntilyou
          I've just checked your ThinkPad BIOS file, it's 32MB and just to make sure I do a search for Unicode string "self-healing", I do find 2 matches on each of 2 files, both of these two files are the same one, maybe different versions, but as far as I know the first one is a backup and the second one is from the running BIOS.
          i understand what you mean, but i bought some machines are x1 yoga gen 5 ,, and one of them got compputrace ,, i am looking for a solution ,, i have searched and read many web pages but still haven't find a solution

Comment

Hi , today I was trying remove bios password from 2 laptops, unfortunately both failed:
            1. Lenovo x250 - hangs on Lenovo logo after loading patched bios
            2. Lenovo yoga L390 - doesn't start on patched bios
            badcaps.net

Comment

@qba82
              It's possible that the Supervisor Password may not be set in the Lenovo x250, you may try with a locked hard drive, which will make the patched bios work if that's the cause... otherwise if the Supervisor Password is not set that's what you get ("hangs on Lenovo logo").

Regarding the Lenovo yoga L390, I suggest to search the forum for a known working already patched BIOS, it should work, then after the unlock program the Original BIOS as usual.
              Last edited by AAAC; 06-10-2023, 10:28 AM.

Comment

@trunguntilyou
                I just re-checked BIOS file on post # 2558 and indeed, Computrace AbtState variable has some content, meaning that it's Active, if that's the bios file you want "fixed" here is it:
                Attached Files

Comment

I was really struggling with this yesterday, trying to de-password a Yoga 260. Regardless of whether I was creating my own patched file or downloading one from here, the furthest I could get was a system that booted the patched BIOS but then hung on the 'Lenovo' splash screen.

What I eventually discovered was that when the splash screen appeared I needed to hit 'Enter' *immediately* to get it to work properly - if I left it too long the system became unresponsive. After that it worked just as it should.

Hopefully reading this post will help out some others who seem to have found themselves in a similar situation.

Comment

Hi
                    i have an ibm t40 laptop with bios password
                    if it is possible a dump or what is the solution
                    thanks in advance

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks, this tool worked 100%. Simple drag and drop onto the autopatch.cmd worked fine. Password removed and everything working on a Lenovo T460.

Comment

@trunguntilyou
                        I just re-checked BIOS file on post # 2558 and indeed, Computrace AbtState variable has some content, meaning that it's Active, if that's the bios file you want "fixed" here is it:
                        it worked great,, you are so good,, i have some other laptop with this same code i can post here or if the way is simple can you share how to fix this compurace

Comment

@trunguntilyou
                          Easy, just compare the Original BIOS file and the NEW Clean BIOS, you will see how it is patched to invalidate AbtState variable, which is the one that tells if it's Active or not.

AA553F(h) -> AA553C(h)

Comment

• hackeraj
                            hackeraj commented
                            Editing a comment
                            for study purpose, please give me Original Backup file and after patched to invalidate AbtState variable file ( AA553F(h) -> AA553C(h))
                            Please

@trunguntilyou
                          Easy, just compare the Original BIOS file and the NEW Clean BIOS, you will see how it is patched to invalidate AbtState variable, which is the one that tells if it's Active or not.

AA553F(h) -> AA553C(h)
                          wow wow! According to your suggestion, I worked all day and also understood your method of doing this and I did it,, you are really good,, thank you very much, with this way all lenovo lines will be computrace can all be turned off

Comment

I need patcher lenovo t480, please send me link

Comment

Originally posted by boban5 View Post
                              I need patcher lenovo t480, please send me link
                              RULES UPDATE for BIOS requests/offers *AVOID BANNING, READ BEFORE POSTING*
                              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103570

BIOS guides, methods, resources and tools
                              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=103526
                              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by mafioso3 View Post
                                hello folks
                                after many hours of searching about how to remove password for Lenovo t15 2gen with MEC1503,i did found how to enable jtag and adding some resistors,i tried to read it by RT809H,it can be readed succefully,but file data are 0080.
                                someone told me that there is a paid method for reading and patching this kind of MEC using RT809H.
                                if anyone can help i'm sharing jtag enabling and testt points
                                ive found out like half the time the dump is blank, i just go ahead and erased it then go to lenovo website or fwupd.org grab the EC controller firmware image and then change padding to correct filesize then write.

Comment

@trunguntilyou

AA553F(h) -> AA553C(h)
                                  thank you
                                  Last edited by trunguntilyou; 06-14-2023, 08:59 PM. Reason: I have confusion

Comment

Originally posted by yop038 View Post
                                    Hi
                                    Not working with L490 got black screen and beep ...
                                    Confirm that, have the same problem

Comment

Nned password reset file l460 lenovo

Comment

Originally posted by echow2001 View Post
                                        ive found out like half the time the dump is blank, i just go ahead and erased it then go to lenovo website or fwupd.org grab the EC controller firmware image and then change padding to correct filesize then write.
                                        Hello, sir! Can you share the wiring method? I can handle mec1663, but the RT809H and SUCCESSOR programmers I own cannot recognize chip IDs for MEC1503 and NPCX897KA!

Comment

Working...
                                        X