• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Supervisor password on Lenovo T490 and T490s

Thank you.

Comment

hello can someone help me to read MEC with SVOD3? I need to unlock a T490s
      Last edited by piernov; 01-03-2023, 07:56 AM. Reason: translate

Comment

ineed this help aswell.please any one

Comment

Hi i have been trying to unlock with svod4 for weeks unfortunatly i have failed because svod can only read 288kb so decide to buy a rt809h this one read the full ec 290kb or more and it work at the first attempt
          Last edited by piernov; 01-05-2023, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by couillu76 View Post
            Hi i have been trying to unlock with svod4 for weeks unfortunatly i have failed because svod can only read 288kb so decide to buy a rt809h this one read the full ec 290kb or more and it work at the first attempt

what you did with dump, to unlock password?

Comment

i have read the 290kb save it and rewrite it to the ec , i have done x1 gen4, x13, t14 t490 in same way , after that i used the lenovo tool to rewrite the motherboard infos
              easy when you know

Comment

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

Nm-b901, t490 need patch file I7-8TH GEN CPU
                Attached Files

Comment

can anyone remove the password from this mec1663 lenovo t490 please nm-b901
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mgjini View Post
                    can anyone remove the password from this mec1663 lenovo t490 please nm-b901
                    what programmer did you use to read mec1663?

Comment

@mgjini
                      In my experience, when you erase the EC chip to reprogram it, is when the internal EEPROM contents are erased too, that EEPROM memory hold the Supervisor Password among other data like Model Number, Serial Number, TYPE, etc.

So depending on the programmer you are using the next step is to reprogram the EC chip with the exact file you saved from EC, then use the software utility (ThinkPad Maintenance Utility) that is in another post to program the ThinkPad DMI information.

I've verified the EC file you uploaded, version N2IHT39W, with the corresponding BIOS/EC update downloaded from Lenovo and it is an exact copy; I just had to delete the header from the EC update (first 32-bytes) and the tail starting from 40000h all the way to the end, then I could do the comparison of both files.

Comment

Originally posted by rex98 View Post
                        what programmer did you use to read mec1663?
                        So the story of programmer is I bought from eBay 2 years ago from eBay from some guy io programmer and when arrived I see the software doesn't work so after researching I had to get in touch with verytanov and paid for his software 50$ so I used verytanov and then jtag one user here has done great job providing the picture

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                          @mgjini
                          In my experience, when you erase the EC chip to reprogram it, is when the internal EEPROM contents are erased too, that EEPROM memory hold the Supervisor Password among other data like Model Number, Serial Number, TYPE, etc.

So depending on the programmer you are using the next step is to reprogram the EC chip with the exact file you saved from EC, then use the software utility (ThinkPad Maintenance Utility) that is in another post to program the ThinkPad DMI information.

I've verified the EC file you uploaded, version N2IHT39W, with the corresponding BIOS/EC update downloaded from Lenovo and it is an exact copy; I just had to delete the header from the EC update (first 32-bytes) and the tail starting from 40000h all the way to the end, then I could do the comparison of both files.
                          Unfortunately I am not quite advanced to edit files so I have to research how to get this done

Comment

@mgjini
                            You don't have to edit anything, the programmer is properly connected as you could read the EC, the next step would be to reprogram the EC with the same file on post #48 (the reprogramming should take care of the EEPROM contents when the chip is erased prior to programming). After a successful programming then remove all source of energy, reconnect and that should have take care of the Supervisor Password, then you just need to use the Lenovo Maintenance Utility to type the DMI information.
                            Last edited by AAAC; 10-05-2023, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                              @mgjini
                              You don't have to edit anything, the programmer is properly connected as you could read the EC, the next step would be to reprogram the EC with the same file on post #48 (the reprogramming should take care of the EEPROM contents when the chip is erased prior to programming). After a successful programming then remove all source of energy, reconnect and that should have take care of the Supervisor Password, then you just need to use the Lenovo Maintenance Utility to type the DMI information.
                              Hi thank you for your advise I will try that in my future laptops as I have some x390 also and want to test on that, thank you very much I resolved this some
                              Guy edited for me and I dint have to use dmi, mine is resolved thank you guys

Comment

hello
                                how i can use my r809h for t490 to read the ec? how i can connect it with this board?

Comment

LENOVO THINKPAD
                                  T490 T590 FT490 FT492 FT590 FP531 NM-B901 REV 1
                                  this main supports all the models above and the MEC is also unlocked.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

I have a lenovo laptop with bios password stuck. Can anyone who has done it tell me how to wire the jtag and am using a rt809h reader?

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                      Re: lenovo thinkpad t490 bios password

Here

please help t490s nm-b891 unlock please patching help me
                                      Attached Files

Comment

please help mec unnlock
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jozlar View Post
                                      please help mec unnlock
                                      need serial number, read rules

clear 300 to 33F

Comment

Working...
                                      X