Dell Precision 7510 7710

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell Precision 7510 7710

I soldered enamelled wire on the flashrom pins, the end are leaded out of the laptop to a connector that I can connect to a raspberry pi for the programming via flashrom. The verify process is always valid, and the laptop is complete assembled with all its parts.

Comment

Try a bios recovery, download the bios update then rename the exe to BIOS_IMG.rcv ,copy it to a flash drive and put it into one of the USB ports.Take the main battery out and charger,press and hold CTRL + ESC ,plug the charger in and see what happens.
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

This was one of my first actions before I decided to use the flashrom method.

Comment

Originally posted by torsten099 View Post
          This was one of my first actions before I decided to use the flashrom method.
          So, the first time you updated the bios it was from USB or through windows,did you use the USB only for the recovery ? What did you see on the screen during the update ,did it stop with an error message at some point
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I run a ubuntu system on the laptop, so I used a usb stick to update the bios.
            Everthing rans without any errors. All flash processes were done, then the automatic reboot and from there on I have this issue.

Comment

After disconnecting the left side daughter board, the laptop starts different not more in a resetting loop. But still not correct. I think the bios update bricked the flashrom content of that board. Have someone more information?
              Attached Files

Comment

A short update: My problem is solved. But only for me, not for the laptop. Because I decided to throw it into trash can, because of other new physical electrical errors. So I need no more help, thanks to all.

Comment

Dell Precision 7510 BIOS integrity verification please

Hello!
                  Can someone please check if this dump from Dell 7510 is 100% valid and not corrupted?
                  I want to know if the BIOS chip is good or no.
                  Thank you!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Re: Dell Precision 7510 BIOS integrity verification please

Originally posted by Andreasbest View Post
                    Hello!
                    Can someone please check if this dump from Dell 7510 is 100% valid and not corrupted?
                    Thank you!
                    -Source bios not running eat 0.200A current hanging

Comment

Originally posted by stanker19 View Post
                      -Source bios not running eat 0.200A current hanging
                      So you think the bios is bad?
                      Also please tell me what LED sequence you get with it.
                      Last edited by Andreasbest; 12-21-2021, 04:33 AM.

Comment

Hello!
                        Thank you!
                        try this one
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                          try this one
                          Hello!
                          I have good BIOS, i just want to know if the one attached is good dump.
                          That's all.

Comment

Hello!
                            I have good BIOS, i just want to know if the one attached is good dump.
                            That's all.
                            Well the ME firmware is initialised,which means its not clean and if you wanted to use it on another machine it should be cleaned first. The bios could be good or corrupt,it only takes 1 byte to be bad.Sometimes if it is badly corrupted its noticable just by scrolling through and looking at the code,but you wouldn`t notice a byte or two.The only real way to tell is to flash it and see what happens

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                              try this one
                              Hi, I had a corrupted bios on my 7710 (sometime the power button led would light up for 1 sec and sometime for like 5 sec and the keyboard would briefly light up, then shut down).
                              I flashed this dump on my 7710, it's now working apart from the Wifi (the card is fully working on a 7720 and the 7710 bios still recognize it's bluetooth capability when plugged), do you think it might be bios related ?
                              I updated the bios to 1.20.3 in case something else was messed up but it didn't fixed the issue, I also tried a 8265 and 3160 wifi card to no avail.
                              For the record, I attached my dump (corrupted bios).
                              Thanks you.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TheQuentincc View Post
                                Hi, I had a corrupted bios on my 7710 (sometime the power button led would light up for 1 sec and sometime for like 5 sec and the keyboard would briefly light up, then shut down).
                                I flashed this dump on my 7710, it's now working apart from the Wifi (the card is fully working on a 7720 and the 7710 bios still recognize it's bluetooth capability when plugged), do you think it might be bios related ?
                                I updated the bios to 1.20.3 in case something else was messed up but it didn't fixed the issue, I also tried a 8265 and 3160 wifi card to no avail.
                                Thanks you.
                                Try this clean me
                                Your service tag !
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by lapfix; 07-12-2022, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Thanks you.
                                  Precision 7710
                                  Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                  All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                  Thanks to all supporters.
                                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by lapfix View Post
                                    Try this clean me
                                    Your service tag !
                                    Same issue as with the corrupted bios, no boot.
                                    Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                    Precision 7710
                                    Again no boot but the power button led was up for like 30sec, then bootloop.

My service tag is D9TD3G2, so base model without thunderbolt and without vpro.

Comment

Same issue as with the corrupted bios, no boot.

Again no boot but the power button led was up for like 30sec, then bootloop.

My service tag is D9TD3G2, so base model without thunderbolt and without vpro.
                                      Try again.
                                      Attached Files

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                                        Try again.
                                        It still doesn't work, the power led light up for 2 sec, then shutdown and back on for more thant 30s and so on :/

Comment

It still doesn't work, the power led light up for 2 sec, then shutdown and back on for more thant 30s and so on :/
                                          You should find other problem, with bios, i can't do better.

Comment

Working...
                                          X